A homemade 'nathan like' urn tomb

Those who knew Nathan, know he was very good in crafts and arts. He also was an ‘out of the box’ man.
He didn’t leave us much instructions but said we knew him quiet well to make something he would have loved and was ‘Nathan’
Months ago I ask about epoxy, leds… I learned to work with a laser, studies varnished for outdoors, …
Now just in time for the memorial everything is finished after a lot of experimenting (i hadn’t worked with epoxy before) but i think he would have loved the final result.
It was sometimes difficult but it was also therapeutic to make this for him and it gave me a lot of joy

The final piece

22 Likes

That is really beautiful! Great pieces you have made, and put together so nice!
Im really sorry for your loss.

3 Likes

Such a wonderful memorial tribute. I hope it brought you much comfort as you worked on it.

3 Likes

This is absolutely beautiful. What a special tribute to a wonderful son.

2 Likes

What a lovely tribute

2 Likes

This is a beautiful tribute to Nathan! Thank you so much for sharing with us all

2 Likes

What a wonderful and touching tribute to Nathan.

2 Likes

This is one of the most deeply personal projects I’ve seen on here. Thank you for sharing this with us. It came out beautifully.

2 Likes

What a beautiful and creative tribute to Nathan! It’s so lovely that you researched and learned so many different techniques and methods in order to honor your son’s life and talents.

3 Likes

So much love wrapped up in these pieces. It’s an honor to have you share them with us. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Your beautiful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects.

2 Likes

so beautifully done. He would have loved it.

3 Likes

What a lovely tribute. (((hugs))) to you and your family.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this, it turned out beautifully

1 Like

This is so moving and a fitting tribute to a lovely man

1 Like

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

1 Like