A junk journal (ish) for a junk journal, and lab specimens!

My last post on the items I made for @tendstowardschaos in the recent swap!

This is a small handmade book. I had a bit of a challenge with this one. I immediately knew I had some stickers that would be perfect for putting “ field notes” on the cover. But it looked so very plain and boring. After trying several other options, I came across leftover tentacles from some notecards I made a while back and it turned out that they were just right for this project!

Inside there are 16 (?) pages, so considering each page has 2 sides, that meant a LOT of images being added into this book. I am now the owner of several cool digital files :wink:.

As you can see, I wanted her to have room for additional content, as desired.

I made a sleeve for it as well. This way the sleeve could be glued into a journal and the book itself would be removable:

I also made some alien tags. I was going for a kind of field notes/ laboratory vibe with these.

In addition I made some cool specimen cards. I was really happy with how these came out.

I even staggered the tags, just for funsies:

Thanks for looking!

22 Likes

Awww, yeah! Super cool! I love those coppery letters and “Leftover Tentacles” is my new band name.

5 Likes

Leftover tentacles! Bahahaha! OMGosh you crack me up!

Thank you!

1 Like

very nice

1 Like

What a great idea and perfectly executed!
How convenient to have some leftover tentacles, haha :stuck_out_tongue:

I love the attention for details, like the staggered tags.

Great work :metal:t2::orange_heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

The texture and color on these is awesome and I love all of them. Such a great execution on a cool idea!

1 Like

I love octopuses, so I was absolutely tickled to see tentacles popping out of the folder! Deanna really knocked it out of the park with all of the ‘spooky’ journal add-ins that she made.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys!

@tendstowardschaos I’m so pleased you like everything!

1 Like

She had sucha cool theme and you really elevated it. Love all the creatures and the cover is cool.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

I love the whole vibe and feel of the project. Very cool! And lol on the tentacles.

1 Like

Thanks!!

:sunglasses: :cucumber: Cool as a cucumber, this project is featured this week! :cucumber: :sunglasses:

1 Like

So great! This is right up my alley - love it!

1 Like

Wow! That is so cool! <3

1 Like

So cool!

1 Like

Wow! You knocked it out of the park with all the embellishments and ephemera. They all look like such natural and perfect additions to an x-files project!

Also, your nails always look so pretty!

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! And thank you for the feature! Woot!

1 Like