A little bit of all the things

I never posted much on the other site but I really like how this turned out so…
For Christmas, I gave my husband his father’s day present. I started it in May. I have no effing clue why I thought 5 weeks of working in the evening after I put my kid to bed would be enough…? Anyway.
It’s loosely based on the Smorgasbord Afghan pattern on Ravelry, in that it’s fabric as well as yarn, but I deviated from there. I was going to just have the big tshirt blocks, but then spoonflower had a sale so I got some fabric photos and then I thought, “why not try blackwork?” And then I thought, “why not try applique?” And then I thought quilt blocks might be nice. And might as well add batting. And on and on…
And so 7 months later…
Here it is in all its frustrating glory, lol.

28 Likes

The combination of techniques and crochet in a functional object is really delightful. I’m so happy you stuck with it, and decided to post here!

Bravo, for sure!!

\m/

2 Likes

I’ve never seen yarn and fabric in a blanket like that. It’s a cool technique. I bet your husband loved it!

2 Likes

I’ve never seen anything like that before either, how cool!

1 Like

I love the combination of techniques and all of the amazing little details the fabric brings to the yarn.

2 Likes

This is amazing! I love how much you have put into this while it looks cohesive and it lays so flat. Inspiring work!

2 Likes

This is so unusual. All that eye candy! I don’t know where to look!

1 Like

I started it because he had 3 ratty tshirts he adored that were not going to survive if he kept wearing them. And once I cut those into pieces, I felt like failure was not an option! :joy:

6 Likes

What a cool project. Functional, multi crafted, and sentimental. This is amazing!!!

1 Like

At the very least, he says he does, Haha. I’m afraid I gave up working on it in secret though, so his present was not much of a surprise.
I don’t think I’ll do something of this scale again that combines fabric and crochet. So. Much. Blanket. Stitch. My hands are hurting thinking about it.

2 Likes

Holy smokes, that is a big undertaking. I think it’s kind of hilarious that you kept adding new techniques to it; seems like something I would do. The result is amazing!

2 Likes

Wow, that is an epic project!! Amazing :smiley:

1 Like

I love when 2 art forms crash together. This is awesome sauce!

2 Likes

A labour of love, that’s for sure! All those different techniques, oh wow! :metal: This rocks!

3 Likes

It’s looking amazing, so many different skills used. And yes, time, I’ve failed on that part myself, but at least you finished it and it looks amazing

1 Like

I love every inch of this!

1 Like

Amazing! You put so much love and thought into making this…well done you!

1 Like

Nice! Great courage and tenacity!!!

1 Like

Love this; it’s a new take on patchwork & piecing! :green_heart:

Do you have more detail pictures??

1 Like

There’s so much love in that blanket! What a treasure!

1 Like