A little dog named Rufus

A local artist who I follow posted for a small New Year’s Creative swap. I jumped in as I’ve never participated in a swap that wasn’t affiliated with this lovely group before. She messaged me another’s name and mailing address and… that was it. :laughing: I wrote back for some bread crumbs of information and was, fortunately, directed to her Instagram where I quickly got my idea. This little dog was all over her page as well as were images of her garden so I mashed the two together. I love how this turned out. I will be mailing it off to the recipient tomorrow and I can’t wait to hear about her reaction.

Acrylic on board with epoxy

Screenshot_20220103-205143_Instagram

39 Likes

Oh my goodness that face! You did a great job capturing it!

2 Likes

She is going to be touched and thrilled, because this is a wonderful likeness with charming details.

3 Likes

Oh, my heart felt a little squeeze. How precious is this? Those eyes!

2 Likes

Ah that’s adorable!!

2 Likes

Wow, amazing likeness! She is going to love it.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I really love creating pet portraits, whether I paint them or sculpt them, there is something really special about immortalizing a fur baby with art.

2 Likes

What a wonderful gift you’ve created!!

2 Likes

Utterly adorable. As the recipient of one of your masterpieces. I can tell you that they will be delighted.

2 Likes

So stinking cute!!!

1 Like

Oh my word, that’s fantastic and adorable.

You have a ‘thing’ for mashing stuff and it turns out well.

1 Like

What an adorable puppy! You really captured it’s expression! Beautiful!!:heart:

1 Like

:horse: YEEHAW! Your fantastic craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

This is what the recipient posted when she received this piece. It really makes my day bringing this kind of joy and emotion to others. :heart:

8 Likes

Aww, always feels great to get a response like that :two_hearts:

1 Like

This is so gorgeous! I don’t even know this little dog and I love him! I’m happy for you that the recipient was so thrilled, too.

1 Like

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing the recipient’s response.

1 Like

Awww… what a cutie! Pet portraits are awesome, and this one is particularly adorable!

1 Like

Oh my gosh @artsycandice this is just darling! You are so talented. That little baby’s owner is so lucky to have had you as a swap partner :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This is so adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ! Just wanna hug that little furbaby.
I think its the cutest painting i ever seen! Amazing skills!

1 Like