A Little Gnomey

I had this miniature cylinder (I don’t actually know what the material is. I think it’s nade from styrofoam :woman_shrugging:) and I went that would make a great gnome!

The yarn I used for the body, hat, and feet all came from the same ball of yarn. I just cut it into strips based on color.

For the hat, I had a small empty roll of washi tape that I used to start the hat’s spiral. I hot glued the hat to the body, using a toothpick -stuck in through the top- to keep the hat positioned upright.

For the feet, I had some leftovers from the body that I just wrapped the yarn around -after I cut it to the size I needed. Then I stuck the feet with toothpicks to attach to the body.

For the nose, I just used an old earring that I wasn’t wearing anymore.

Everything was hot glued together.

I got inspiration from a gnome I got at a craft show.

I followed the same structure as this one and I think my little gnomey turned out pretty good!

I love him!

14 Likes

He’s great! I’ve seen lots like the one you bought, but the one you made has his own character.

2 Likes

I do love a good gnome craft! Great choices, it came out great!

1 Like

He looks a bit grumpy-cute! Nice work! The nose is a great too.

1 Like

Wonderful gnome! He seems like an earthy forest gnome, much more interesting than your store-bought one.

2 Likes

Your gnome looks like he would be able to blend into the forest to create mischief or to just people watch! So fuzzy…I love that you figured it out just by looking at something else…you have a good crafting mind with a “I can do that” attitude!

2 Likes

how darling!
he looks like a woodland gnomey

2 Likes

:peacock: Hot dang! :dolphin: Your spectacular craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects!

2 Likes

Adorable! Love the earring nose.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

So cute! I can imagine a fun collection of gnomes growing :smiley:

1 Like