A Pile of Sari Silk Bowls, Trivets & Coasters

P.S. Did you see the Days of the Week Bobblins on sale?!?! They are so funny, but I have no idea what I’d do with them.

1 Like

Ok, I went and looked up the class. It’s $20, but does include several videos and 2 downloads from UT and EL. But there’s also a 6 minute tutorial on making the embroidered bowls from EL on YouTube already. It didn’t seem that hard, and I do have some Solvy… Hmm…

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying that on the price. I saw that they had a free design for all who registered and my brain must have just associated the word ‘free’ with the whole class.

I think you should do it! Even if you just try it out on a coaster first!

I did see those bobblin designs and I am in the same exact boat as you, they’re funny, but what in the world would I make with them? I recently used a Visa gift card to pick up a bunch of designs from Embroidery Library. I’m excited to use them, but have so many other projects in the works right now. I really need to up my productivity level!

These are beautiful! Love the different colours, and the way you made such good use of them.

1 Like

:zap: :bulb: :dizzy: WOOHOO!!! Your awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :zap: :bulb: :dizzy:

2 Likes

I like the oval trivet and the 3rd basket. The coasters are nice too. I like the brighter colors. So, the trivets can easily take hot pots without being fire-proofed without some type of spray or other coating?

I don’t have any sari strips yet but I’d like to buy a scrap bundle.

So pretty and useful to boot!

1 Like

these look great. really like the circlet you put on the sides.

1 Like

The colors are so vibrant and wonderful. I want to eat one!

2 Likes