A Portrait of Zazzles

Earlier this year I made a painting of my dog Mia, who’s no longer here and that’s where the painting came from. When that one was completed, I started to think that I should make one of my cat Zazzles, who is still here.

A few months ago I started on this project, getting the background and stuff all done but I halted because I couldn’t figure out how to get the closest to her actual coloring. Then, just a few days ago I figured out how I wanted to color her and I finished the painting.

Here she is, My Portrait of Zazzles:
20210428_154817_resize_47

I think she turned out pretty good.

20 Likes

Awe. This is sweet. I love her. Fur babies are the best!

4 Likes

She’s lovely.

1 Like

Awww, my sweet Zazzy-girl! Great job!

2 Likes

I love it! I want to paint a picture of my dog, but I’m not sure how to start as I rarely do things like that. I like how you focused on the face and I think I will do that as well.

2 Likes

I’m glad to be of inspiration! I find it easier to just do the face rather than trying to get the whole body.

3 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

She’s just wonderful!

1 Like

Well done! She looks really cute :smile_cat:

I love the little peekaboo expression!

1 Like

What a cuddlebug!

2 Likes

Cute! I love how you are so fearless in your art. Portraits of any kind sort of terrify me… so intimidating to do!

2 Likes

Wonderful! The nose is the best!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Portrait of Zazzles is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

3 Likes

Thank you!!!

You have become the official portrait painter in your family! You captured the Zazzles’ personality…kinda looks like she is waiting for you to turn your back so she can knock all the things off the shelf…lol…keep painting…

1 Like

Thank you! It’s been painting both my cat and my dog as well as some other things.

1 Like