A Pouch for a Glass Straw

One of my trivia teammates started using a glass straw. But, after awhile, she stopped using it. When I asked her why, she said it was because it was getting dirty just rattling around in her purse. I offered to make a little pouch for it. Her favorite colors are purple and pink, so I was able to use some scraps I had on hand. I used a button and a (new) hair elastic from stash as a closure.

Somehow, I measured wrong, so I ended up hand stitching the side seams. Also, I’m not happy with the button placement (the closure is a little loose), but my friend didn’t mind, so I left it :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Such a good idea! Love the colors, too.

1 Like

Thanks! That scrap of purple is a favorite, but I was happy to be able to use it for this little project. I was also happy that I could make it all from stash!

1 Like

How clever! I love the purple fabric.

I’ve been meaning to make one of these. I carry several straws with me, but they’re in the plastic bag they came in. Bookmarking this for later!

That turned out great! I need to make a pouch for my utensils at work, and it’ll probably be much like this.

Thanks! The pink was a bit more coral than I wanted, so I knew I had to put the purple on the outside.

Just don’t make the same mistake I did- I forgot to allow for the topstitching to stitch up the side seams. So, it would have been too snug for the straw, which is why I had to handstitch the side seams. Lesson learned!

I’m sure it’ll be much nicer than this one :wink:

1 Like

Great idea! Lovely color!

Very cool! Save the turtles! :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks! Purple is one of my favorite colors, too!

LOL! Definitely! Now, I just have to make one for myself… and remember to carry it with me.

As a fellow straw rejector, this is a much appreciated gift.

:metal: :heartbeat:

1 Like

Awesome pouch and lovely colors. Very sweet of you to make this for our friend!

great idea. I have reusable straws I keep at home and work. I don’t carry a purse but I should definitely do something like this to keep in my car.

I do have a glass straw, and bought a little slipcase for it… but it is an ugly beige color, so I really think I need to make a pretty one for myself now! And, I didn’t put any padding on this. Her straw is very durable, so I just used 2 layers of fabric.