A Punk Fabric Cuff--Upcycled

Hi everyone–just finished and mailed this altered fabric cuff to my niece who is turning 24. It’s been a little while since I’ve made one of these and while they’re usually a little “frilly” and more feminine, I tried to keep it more on the punk/darker side as that fits her better.

I wish the photos came out better. Struggled with the loop for the closure and undid/redid it about 3 times but think the end result was good.

I didn’t line this one but am working on another one now which I plan to line. I’m pretty happy with the result and like “fast projects”. Such a feeling of satisfaction in a single day vs. many when I’m upcycling clothes or some of the bags I do! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

This is really cool! I bet she loves it!

1 Like

Thanks very much–I hope so!

Great upcycle! And I like the addition of lighter color fabrics so it’s not so dark and you can see the dimension

1 Like

This is so fun and funky! I love the mix of materials and texture.

1 Like

This is very ‘punk chic.’ It is nice to have some fast projects, especially in the midst of longer, more involved projects. I look forward to seeing the next cuff you come up with.

1 Like

Congrats! Your Punk Fabric Cuff is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

Thanks very much, @bethntim --you’re right about that dark/light contrast even though I didn’t plan it that way. :grinning: I LOVE texture, @Abbeeroad so good for you for noticing. And yes, @AudiobookLover you’re right, fast projects sprinkled into the middle of longer ones are a nice break. I’m nearly done the second cuff so will post it soon. Thanks!

@kittykill wow, that’s incredible! Thanks very much. I’ll check that out soon and am very grateful. :grinning:

It’s very pretty!

2 Likes

what a cool gift!

1 Like

I love this. Any plans for a tutorial?

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks so much, @gozer :grinning:

1 Like

Hmmm, maybe someday! Unfortunately, I tend to make things differently each time I create and grab things and go with ideas spontaneously…it would be a little tricky to recreate this one. BUT I did find this awesome seamstress/instructor online, Stitches by Julia, who focuses on upcycling. These cuffs are fun and her instruction is clear. Maybe it would help?

1 Like