A scarf I made

This is the scarf that I made for Mr. @kittykill in the OWS swap. She said that he liked greens and burgundy so when I made a trip to my local yarn shop, there was THE yarn. It was soft, but not too soft, and the colors were spot on. And I can’t find the yarn specs. Argh.
Anywho, when I made conversation with the check-out lady, we decided that putting cables in this would not show up very well since the color is not a solid. I was super stoked to have a knitting project to do that wasn’t my usual K1 P1 cotton washclothes. I asked about tassles, but they were not needed. I ended up with just enough yarn leftover to make my 7yo son a small scarf.
Thumbs up to this project. I hope Mr. kittykill enjoys it.

15 Likes

He loves it! I will have to take an action shot. The color is so perfect! Thank you again!

5 Likes

Oh, that’s pretty! I love that colourway!

3 Likes

Yay! I’m glad that he likes it.

1 Like

Yes, the yarn is very pretty. I’m guessing that the wrapper was tossed by my fastidious husband or else I’d be able to tell you exactly about it.

2 Likes

Oh! I have the wrapper. You sent it to me. I can take a picture of it.

3 Likes

What a nice colorway! And the yarn looks so soft too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice work! I bet it will be worn and enjoyed for a long time - handknits are such a lovely gift!

2 Likes

I agree. I made a scarf for my husband a couple years ago and he still wears it. He wants a sweater, but I’m not sure if I can accomplish that this year. I was thinking about knitting him a tiny one as an ornament :laughing:

2 Likes

cute idea!!

2 Likes

I do have a book of Barbie Knits that I just looked through and there are a few for Ken including one that looks like a sweater my husband has IRL.

2 Likes

Ooh. You owe your man an apology! Lol!
The scarf looks great. I love the colors.

Hahaha! I have a partial sweater that I started years ago, but now I don’t know where or what the pattern was, so… shrugs

Lol. No, on accusing him of throwing away the yarn wrapper. :laughing:

1 Like

It looks lovely! Great job!

Thank you! I had fun making it and I learned I’m a faster knitter than I used to be. I’ve been knitting washcloths so long that I didn’t notice.

1 Like

That scarf looks perfectly drapey and cozy! What a great gift!

1 Like

Awesome job! The yarn is lovely.

1 Like

Here is the wrapper.

1 Like

Ooo! I love those colors!

1 Like