Harlan and I did a personal swap, and I sent her these fabric bowls. This was my first time ever making a fabric bowl where I wrapped paracord in fabric and sewed it. Earlier this year, I twisted fabric into rope and then glued it to glass jars or onto wreaths, so this was a new experience for me. Even though the concept is easy, the process took much longer than I anticipated!
I am really pleased with how they turned out! I need to get more experienced with finishing these off when I get to the end of the rope. On my first try, the beginning rounds were a sewn mess. No worry! Nothing some wool felt won’t cover, and actually make that bottom pop, anyway! I liked that look so much that even thought the second one started much better, I still added it!
This was my second bowl. My sewing machine decided to fight with me when I was making this, so I had to switch to my older machine that I hadn’t used in several years. It didn’t have the same stitch and zigzag length I was using so I had to compensate for that. Harlan also asked if I could try to bring the last few rounds “up,” too. I feel like I was able to be successful in that while figuring out the new shorter stitch and zigzag length.
This is my first ever fabric paracord wrapped bowl and I am in love with it!
I sent her circles of clear vinyl to place in the bottoms of the bowls, as well.
I learned that I like the final product, and I don’t terribly mind making them, but I don’t think that is something I would make over and over again.