A start to the new year. With finishes

I wasn’t sure if individual posts wouldn’t be obnoxious so here’s a dump of the four quilts I finished on Dec 31.

I wish I could say it started the year with a clean slate. But it totally didn’t. :joy:

First. A Halloween one just for me.

Reduce reuse recycle. Made of masks I had on consignment, but then everyone decided humans weren’t gross germy bags of ick anymore so I took them apart.

Monochrome and yellow improv quilt

Probably my oldest WIP. Made from swap blocks made by me and swap partners from a craft site a long way away.

And a bonus picture. Not yet finished cause it’s too large to use my usual basting technique and I need to get up the other table and bribe D to help me baste it (I have three other big ones to do at the same time)

This is my 2023 daily quilt. The data set came from a roll of a D10. Truly random.

28 Likes

These are fantastic! I bet it feels great to have them done.

3 Likes

Love the one made of masks, that’s a treasure! & the bitty squares, of course. All of them are wonderful.

3 Likes

I think you might need a new username…something like “cheetah”…you are a speedy quilter!

These are all lovely. My favorite is the improv one…just gorgeous!

3 Likes

My fave is the masks! Simple yet so effective in the broken up color blocking (if that makes any sense). I also love the improv quilt, b/w/yellow is always such a winning combo in my heart :smiley:

2 Likes

My favorite is the random one. If someone had told me that’s how it would be before I saw these, I wouldn’t have believed it. But it’s true. :star_struck:

2 Likes

I can’t choose a favorite or even a top 2 0r 3! You really have gifts for balancing visual weight across the design as well as for color combinations even when using materials at hand.

2 Likes

Love, love, love the one from masks. They each have their own charm but that one stands out for me. :heart:

2 Likes

Love all of these but my favorite is the Halloween :jack_o_lantern: one

2 Likes

All of these are stunning! And even more fun brightening the winter landscape.

2 Likes

The Halloween fabrics are so fun! But my favorite one is the one made of masks. So cool!

2 Likes

I am trying to talk myself into making a Halloween quilt just for me this year so that one sticks out and is an amazing inspiration. Love the kitties and ghost and how you blocked it in.
All of them are very cool. I am curious: for the 2023 daily quilt, you said data set. Does that mean you’d roll it and pick how many squares? It sounds interesting. I am intrigued. It turned out neat!

2 Likes

The data set is a list of colours from one to ten.
Scrawled on a scrap piece of cardboard.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Pattern is a simple four patch with a solid and print.

Every day I rolled the die and that was the colour for the day.

1 Like

I love Halloween, but that mask quilt is just gorgeous. Congratulations on finishing them at the very end of the year!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning. The mask one is my favorite, but they’re all super amazing!

1 Like

I’m a major quilt lover. My oldest is from the late 1800’s.

Your quilts are alive with color; they make my heart smile.

You said “humans weren’t gross germy bags of ick anymore” made me LMBO

:mega: :star2: :mega: HOT DANG! Your super cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! CONGRATZ! :mega: :star2: :mega:

These are great, I’m trying to pick my favourite and taking. Ok I think it’s the last one, or maybe the yellow and black one (makes me think of bees)

They are all wonderful

1 Like

#2 and #5 are stunning, to me!

1 Like