A Stitchy Haunted Mansion!

Late on posting but it was done about a month before Halloween! It proudly took place on my mantel. :blush:

Size : Stitched area is around 8 x 11 inches-ish. Lol.
Fabric : 16 ct aida - dyed purple by yours truly because I’m cheap. I wanted it a bit more grayish-purple but I ran out of my dark gray dye.
Pattern : Haunted Mansion by Tiny Modernist It was previously a SAL in 2018.
Fun Factor : It was SO fun to make. I love this style of cross-stitch because there’s so many little things/areas to complete it really is fun all the way through.
Changes :

• I used glow-in-the-dark for the skeletons and the ghosts.
  • I added a back-stitched crack in the mirror. I can’t take credit for that idea though…I saw that someone else in a FB group had done it and I loved it.
  • A couple various “artistic changes.” (That’s what we call mistakes in counting, right? :wink:)

Thanks for looking!

And for some more browsing…here’s some more pictures!

28 Likes

WOW! This is so fun!

2 Likes

I love this! It came out so good! I really like the theme, the colors, and all the details. I wish I had one to put on display for next Halloween!

1 Like

I love this!! Super cute.

1 Like

Perfection!

1 Like

Terrific!
I’ve been using watered down craft paint to dye small pieces of fabric, floss, and even silk ribbon. Haven’t tried it on aida cloth, but everything else comes out a tiny bit stiffer and entirely usable.

From one frugal crafter to another…

1 Like

We gotta make do with what we have, right? :laughing:

1 Like

Heck no, we could buy more stuff! But then you have to wait for arrival, and it’s the wrong color, and you’ve lost interest in the project. I get antsy waiting an hour or so for the fabric to dry!

I love this so much!

I love that you used glow-in-the-dark for the skeletons and ghosts! This is so adorable. I love the different monsters in the different rooms. The slightly purple background is perfect and makes all of the other colors just pop! This must have taken forever, but it was totally worth it.

This is so great! I really love it :smiley: I will have to check out the pattern

So much work!!! For such a great project! I hope you keep it up all year long!

1 Like

This fabulous project has been selected as a Featured Project for the week! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Congratulations!! :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles:
Way to go, @Whistlefish ! :+1:

1 Like

Ahh! Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Beautifully done!

1 Like

Wowza! This not only includes monsters but looks like it was a monster to make. I can’t image how long it took. All those details! I love it!!! The glow in the dark takes it to the next level. Ah-mazing!!