A trio of art journal pages

I purchased the Wanderlust 2020 online course and most weeks they have a new video available. I’m several weeks behind and just completed week 10 (I think). It was a tutorial by Kate Crane.
I enjoyed her process enough that I made 3 pages. 2 in an old journal where I am trying to cover up the really old ugly pages and one on water color paper.

She had added some minor collage elements. I felt the page was busy enough without it and just added in some focal text.

19 Likes

I really love these…they remind me a bit of graffiti walls I have seen…there is some darkness and frustration feelings in the background but messages of hope in the writing…well done…the use of white is not too much and yet brightens the pieces…

The last one is my favorite…

3 Likes

Very cool! The white centers help to pop the words and let them stand out from the busy background. I like it :smiley:

2 Likes

Love the Be a Voice one. It is perfect.

2 Likes

Believe you can… I love it! Love them all, beautiful work!

3 Likes

These are wonderful!! I really like all the texture and colour - I think the black and white gives it great impact!

2 Likes

I love them!

2 Likes

These are great!

1 Like

They came out great. I’m in awe of art journals.

1 Like

These turned out really well.

1 Like

Me, too! I like the colors and the phrase made me laugh aloud. I mean…it really could

GG - is the last one the one attached in your art journal?

The last one reminds me of Halloween which isn’t usually my color style.

The last 2 are in my old art journal. The first one is on loose water color paper.

1 Like

I love these!! Beautiful and vibrant.

1 Like

Oooh loving all the fun techniques and patterns and colors! Great job!

1 Like

These are beautiful, I love the colours you’ve used, and the writing works really well. :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like