A Wee Little Vase

Over the last couple of years, I’ve been dabbling in trying to learn throwing and hand building. It’s a slow process for me. :laughing:

Lately, I’ve found more joy in decorating pieces than creating the vessels themselves. Fortunately, one of my friends is a ceramicist and will happily make pieces for me to decorate! So here’s our little collaboration. She threw the vase & I glazed and decorated it.

Time for the glaze firing. :fire:

Busted into beads & things to give it a little extra flair.

Great for holding brushes and tools. :smiling_face:

This one was totally inspired by a creator on IG. I’ll try to find her username and add it here. I follow way too many artists. :grimacing: I wanted to try black outlining with a long brush vs a writer bottle.

19 Likes

Gorgeous!
I love painting with underglaze.

1 Like

What a great way to do the “best part” - get a pal to share their pots! Very pretty!

1 Like

Mine still turn out like wobbly little thimbles that may or may not have gotten ran over in the street, so I am grateful for her. :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I really enjoy your decoration! It’s really cute and the chain gives it just that extra little touch to put it over the top!

1 Like

Very pretty! Love the multicolor glazes.

1 Like

I looove them. They are Jungle Gems. So fun.

1 Like

So pretty!!!

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Did you press the beads into it?
It is very pretty.

2 Likes

No, just used them in the little chain at the end. I have been experimenting with all sorts of textures lately. I’m working on one that uses pinecones to create texture on the side. Not sure how it will turn out… :grimacing:

1 Like

Sooo cute! Love the little extra flair.

1 Like

Thank you so much. :heart:

I took hand building this fall semester at the college. It’s almost over. I made sooooo many bowls. Next semester I want to take the wheel throwing class. I really love this cute little pot. It’s inspiring me to play with the glaze, rather than just dunk it in 3 different colors and hope for the best.

1 Like