A Wee Paper Gingerbread Version of My Friend's House

Using Tim Holtz Village Collection dies I made a tiny paper gingerbread version of my dear one’s house!

GingerDePedersen01

I had to do some modifications of several pieces that the dies would cut and use couple dies from a different TH die set.

GingerDePedersen03

The windows are all lined with vellum, so it can have a soft glow when it lights up!

GingerDePedersen11

GingerDePedersen12

GingerDePedersen13

The base is made of foam core and has a holder for an LED tealight that also holds the house in place.

GingerDePedersen09

I used a paint pen to make the white “frosting” and tiny candy polymer clay slices that I picked up at a couple of craft stores for the candy details.

GingerDePedersen06

I used wood beads that I painted to look like peppermint candy balls for feet to elevate the whole thing.

I didn’t get a photo for scale or measure it, but I think the house itself about 3" wide and not much more than 2" tall.

15 Likes

Wow! Such a cool concept, and it turned out so cute. Love your “gingerbread icing” designs! Thanks for showing the internal structure; may have to steal this idea.
:heart: :lollipop:

1 Like

Amazing!

I’m glad you gave measurements, I can’t believe how tiny it is.

1 Like

looks great

Cute idea! I recognized the house right away…and you got it captured so well in such a tiny size!

1 Like

Thanks so much, everyone!

@endymion I would love to see what you make! I wish that I had taken a photo of the house upside down; it would show where all the parts come together, etc.

@AIMR It means a lot that your recognized it!

@mellybelly81 I used the same set of dies as this one, so the scale is similar, at least at the bases.

CabinHome13

5 Likes

This is amazing!! The gingerbread twist is so festive and fun. A really great gift!

Aw, thanks! It’s the first gingerbread house (in any medium) I have made!

I adore this!! You did SUCH a great job on these, Tara!!

1 Like

Thank you!

Super cute! And a truly fun idea! I may have to swipe it for next year…:smirk:

Aw, thanks! It was a lot of fun to make so I hope you do it! With your mini making skills, yours would be epic!

1 Like

You’re way too sweet! Thanks!

1 Like