A whale of a good time

I’ve just started collage art journaling within the last few months and am having a lot of fun! I haven’t posted anything since Craftster switched over to Lettuce Craft (I know, it’s been a minute…) and thought this would be a nice way to re-wet my feet. I am very new to this art form and just find that the freedom to PLAY is amazing.

30 Likes

Welcome to LC! It’s nice to have you back! This is an exceptional card and I love your lettering.

1 Like

Oh I should have described it a bit - this is actually a page in an altered dictionary volume from 1937 and measures 8" x 10".

Thank you for the lovely compliment! I have been shy to post so this made me feel great. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WELCOME BACK!!! This is so dang cool and I love that it’s in an old dictionary! EEP!

1 Like

How fun and well done…you should join the art journaling craftalong! It is always nice to see former c-sters come back to this community!

2 Likes

Oh I would love that - it would be some motivation to keep going :slight_smile: can you point me in the right direction to that thread? Even though I have been on forums for literal decades, this one confuses me LOL

2 Likes

Lots of fun and inspiration and we even do a few artsy zooms!

Art Journal Craftalong

If you just want to slide down to the last few posts, join us where we are today…it is a LONG thread…lol

1 Like

Thanks!!!

Welcome! I love this page! The mix of collage and hand-drawn, the composition, how perfect the proportions are between the whale and the flowers, using an old book page…bravo! Is the whale a photocopy? I always forget that there is that resizing (and reuse) option, and it looks good, too.

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

As far as the whale, I cut it out from a magazine. The flower-to-whale proportion is just entirely lucky that I found images that work together. The field of sunflowers was from a NatGeo and the individuals flowers came out of a seed catalog.

I love fussy cutting; it is so relaxing and is the perfect activity when I am feeling creative, but too lazy to do anything but watch a movie. Those flowers represent quite a nice quiet afternoon doing just that!

5 Likes

Love it! I’ve just started art journaling too and this is inspiring :grin:

3 Likes

This is lovely and welcome :grin:

1 Like

Lovely project! The lettering is so fun.

1 Like

I love your fussy cutting.
I too have a big bunch of images at hand, ready to cut out if I have that little bit of energy :relaxed:

1 Like

Welcome back, I love this!

1 Like

I love it!!!

1 Like

Welcome back! Such a great piece!

1 Like

Welcome back!!

I haven’t yet mustered up the courage to do art journaling (or is it just because that I am too busy doing other stuff…? Maybe…?) but I always admire what all of you artsy folks post! And I really love this piece, and I really love that it’s in an old dictionary.

2 Likes

This is fabulous! I love it!

1 Like

This whole project is WONDERFUL!

1 Like