A whale of a good time

Welcome to LC! It’s nice to have you back! This is an exceptional card and I love your lettering.

1 Like

Oh I should have described it a bit - this is actually a page in an altered dictionary volume from 1937 and measures 8" x 10".

Thank you for the lovely compliment! I have been shy to post so this made me feel great. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WELCOME BACK!!! This is so dang cool and I love that it’s in an old dictionary! EEP!

1 Like

How fun and well done…you should join the art journaling craftalong! It is always nice to see former c-sters come back to this community!

2 Likes

Oh I would love that - it would be some motivation to keep going :slight_smile: can you point me in the right direction to that thread? Even though I have been on forums for literal decades, this one confuses me LOL

2 Likes

Lots of fun and inspiration and we even do a few artsy zooms!

Art Journal Craftalong

If you just want to slide down to the last few posts, join us where we are today…it is a LONG thread…lol

1 Like

Thanks!!!

Welcome! I love this page! The mix of collage and hand-drawn, the composition, how perfect the proportions are between the whale and the flowers, using an old book page…bravo! Is the whale a photocopy? I always forget that there is that resizing (and reuse) option, and it looks good, too.

3 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

As far as the whale, I cut it out from a magazine. The flower-to-whale proportion is just entirely lucky that I found images that work together. The field of sunflowers was from a NatGeo and the individuals flowers came out of a seed catalog.

I love fussy cutting; it is so relaxing and is the perfect activity when I am feeling creative, but too lazy to do anything but watch a movie. Those flowers represent quite a nice quiet afternoon doing just that!

5 Likes

Love it! I’ve just started art journaling too and this is inspiring :grin:

3 Likes

This is lovely and welcome :grin:

1 Like

Lovely project! The lettering is so fun.

1 Like

I love your fussy cutting.
I too have a big bunch of images at hand, ready to cut out if I have that little bit of energy :relaxed:

1 Like

Welcome back, I love this!

1 Like

I love it!!!

1 Like

Welcome back! Such a great piece!

1 Like

Welcome back!!

I haven’t yet mustered up the courage to do art journaling (or is it just because that I am too busy doing other stuff…? Maybe…?) but I always admire what all of you artsy folks post! And I really love this piece, and I really love that it’s in an old dictionary.

2 Likes

This is fabulous! I love it!

1 Like

This whole project is WONDERFUL!

1 Like

This is too cool! I love it!

1 Like