A Wise Crafter made Christmas Tags from Cards....and so did I!

I love this idea! I used to keep allll my holiday cards but I never did anything with them. These are so cute and useful I might have to get that same die! Great job!

2 Likes

@TheMistressT, it is! It is like fussy cutting…but with paper!

@AIMR It’s funny you mentioned the ribbon. I have a little, and it’s a supply I don’t use often, so it was nice to use some of it up! What is a card bowl?

@Whistlefish, I think you should, too! It’s fun! Thank you.

1 Like

I really like the truck ones, especially the two on the far left.

I made a few of these in the dead place for swaps…I have patterns that came from a vintage craft book…basically, you use old cards doubled up and then strung or crocheted together…the hardest part is cutting the holes…I use a template so that there are matching holes and a single hole punch…

7 Likes

Oh, that is really cool.

How funny, I’ve been eyeing the Christmas cards on the fridge thinking I need to get put my tag punch too!
I like the added ‘stitching’ on the borders!

1 Like

I love me some upcycled crafts!! Nicely done! Think of all the possibility on other card invoking holidays.

2 Likes

That was part of the die cut I used! Cool feature indeed!

1 Like

I punched some tags yesterday. My favorites are tags featuring LittleBookLover’s picture from this year’s Christmas card. It’ll be pretty obvious who those gifts are for come next year :blush:.

1 Like

Those tags are lovely!

I should use this idea. I have kept hundreds of cards from many years.

@AIMR, I remember my mother teaching me how to make boxes with lids out of christmas cards in that same technique when I was little. We used a big needle to punch the holes.

2 Likes

Those tags are fab!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

I found more Christmas cards, so I made another set:

20210111_141011_resize_31

I just need to add ribbon!

4 Likes

:tada: Congratulations! Your super awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Thanks for the inspiration!

HAHA! This was one of the week’s top projects!

1 Like

Pretty cool! Thanks.

1 Like

These are fabulous!!! I may have to go find some old Christmas cards…

1 Like

Love the second set as well!

I bought some gold photo corners to recycle some of them into new cards…I got the idea from @PhoenixFireDesigns card that she sent me this year…some cards are just too pretty to cut up…

2 Likes

Awesome! Glad I helped inspire an idea. I love finding ways to upcycle something.

These tags by the way are such a simple, but genius idea.

1 Like

Congratulations! Your project was one of the Best of 2021! Yoooooou ROCK!

1 Like