Abbeeroad’s Clothesline Necklace - An LC Community Class

:prayer_beads: :thread: :cyclone: Abbeeroad’s Clothesline Necklace - An LC Community Class :cyclone: :thread: :prayer_beads:

I’m so excited to share this class, which @Abbeeroad will be teaching for December! This month’s class is learning how to make Clothesline Necklaces, a great holiday gift for someone you love or just for you!

Signup Dates: November 19-November 29, 2021

Class Date: Saturday, December 11, 2021 @ 2:00pm, EST

How Will the Class be Held: Zoom, with @kittykill moderating. On the day of the class, participants will also receive a PDF with detailed photos so they can follow along.

Class Limit: 20 people; but if there are more folks interested in the class, we promise to hold a second session, so no one is left out.

Class Details: In this class, we will be making 1 fabric-covered clothesline necklace. Kits will be available to order and will be customized to each person who signs up. Kits will include a custom length of clothesline, fabric cut to size in your preferred color, one focal bead, cord caps, a small tube of jewelry glue, 1 jump ring, and a clasp.

Cost of Kits: $5.00 for participants within the US. (International folks, I’ll have to figure your shipping based on your specific location.)

Cost of Class: The class fee to LC will be $5. So, if you order a kit, it comes to a total of $10.

To Sign Up: Please fill out this Google Form (https://forms.gle/iatbToHHm79kM3uX6). After signing up, you will be sent an invoice via PayPal to pay for the class and kit. Payment is due by December 3rd. If payment is not made by then, you will be removed from the list and your spot will be filled from the wait list. Kits will not be sent until payment is received.

7 Likes

Yay! I’m so excited for this!! Thank you @MistressJennie for starting this thread for me with her Mod Power. :pray: :sparkles:

:prayer_beads: :thread: :cyclone: Participants! :cyclone: :thread: :prayer_beads:

:star2: = kit

Material List
(kits come with clothesline and fabric cut to length, cord caps with rings, jump rings and clasp, small glue tube, and one focal bead)

¼” Diameter Cotton (or polyester) Clothesline

Needle and thread

Jewelry pliers (for connecting jump rings/clasp)

Cord caps – approximately 7 mm in diameter

Clasps/Jump Rings

Jeweler’s glue:

Fabric

• A busy or solid fabric works best. A pattern that’s too spaced out likely won’t work as you’d see very little of the actual pattern once it’s wrapped. Also, non-slippery fabric (i.e., cotton) is easiest at least to start.

Beads/Embellishments:

You can also finish the end with 16, 18, or 20 gauge wire and a pencil!

6 Likes

So excited about this one!

Me too!!

And…as a :boom: BONUS :boom: I’m going to be giving away a scrappy rainbow clothesline necklace as part of my class, as it is currently looking for a home. Everyone who signs up for my class will be entered to win. I will randomly draw a winner during the zoom and post it in the thread for those who can’t attend live.

3 Likes

This is going to be SO much fun! I can’t wait!

2 Likes

Also, I love that we can use the beads we made in @Magpie’s class to adorn the necklace!

4 Likes

Sign me up! I filled out the form!

2 Likes

I just signed up! This looks super fun

2 Likes

I just signed up, too!

2 Likes

Oh, I can’t wait to see what comes from this class!

1 Like

Just submitted my form! I’m so excited!

2 Likes

Hey gang! I just sent out a few invoices and they are wrong. I’m going to cancel them so please wait until I send one with the correct amount and information. Sorry!

4 Likes

And I am headed to the airport for a work trip so bear with us! I’m so excited to have so many awesome crafters signed up already! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Okay! Everyone should have an invoice with the correct cost. If there are any questions, please contact me.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m signing up now! I just don’t know what length to choose…

1 Like

Such a great idea!

Hey all!

Just a heads up that sign-ups are CLOSED for those who want a kit, but if you want to join without receiving a kit, feel free to still sign up!

Thank you so much to everyone who has signed up - I will work on getting kits out this week! Yay!!

3 Likes

Hooray! I had a moment of panic thinking that it was this weekend! I’m really looking forward to this!

1 Like

Whee, this is exciting! I’ve been doing a lot of making for others lately, but this one will be all for meeeeee (OK maybe for my sister… but probably for meeee)

2 Likes

Kits have been mailed! Fingers crossed they all make it in time for Saturday!

Here’s the pic I meant to post earlier…all the packages lines up ready to go. And that box came from @Cyn-energy in the positive affirmation swap. :laughing:

4 Likes