Scrappy Rainbow Clothesline Necklaces

I have been wanting to try a scrappy version of my clothesline necklace for a while now. Recently, my good friend @MistressJennie was going through a tough time but is FINALLY seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. What better metaphor for this journey than a rainbow that appears just as the sun is persevering over a storm? I decided to make this scrappy necklace a rainbow for her!

I started by making a scrappy strip of fabric.

And then decided I needed some extra length and added black and white to both ends.

This strip ended up being wide enough to make 2 necklaces. The first one I left unadorned so as not to break up the rainbow pattern and sent of to Jennie.

The second one got a metal tube bead courtesy of Mr. Road:

I also tried out a new clasp method for these versions. Itā€™s a little less rustic than my previous method from my tutorial.

If you are interested in learning more about my updated method (not that you couldnā€™t figure it out for yourselves, you crafty bunch), Iā€™m teaching a class on how to make these necklaces Dec 11!

As a :boom: BONUS :boom: Iā€™m going to be giving away the second necklace in this post as part of my class, as it is currently looking for a home. Everyone who signs up for my class will be entered to win. I will randomly draw a winner during the zoom and post it in the thread for those who canā€™t attend live.

Thanks for looking and hope to see you in the class! :grin:

18 Likes

I adore my rainbow necklace! I even wore it in last weekendā€™s canning class, so I could show it off. Canā€™t wait to take your class dear. :smile:

2 Likes

I noticed your rainbow necklace in that class Jennie! How cool.

Itā€™s beautiful. And Iā€™m signed up! Excited to see you demo your technique Abbee :blush:

2 Likes

This is so pretty! I love the way the fabrics flow.

1 Like

This is just so lovely - in thought and in execution!

1 Like

So gorgeous!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

Mistress Jennie does love her rainbows! You did her proud Iā€™m sure

1 Like

I love your clothline necklaces so much Abbie! The one you made me is so my vibe. Too too cool, and the class youā€™re going to teach will be epic I bet. So many ways to customize and make it ones own. :heart:

1 Like

These are awesome! I love the scrappiness!

1 Like

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

1 Like