Abstract Watercolor Mini Envelopes

It’s yet another snow day, so Netflix and watercolors were my friends today.

First, I finally watched Bird Box, and while watching that, I made this abstract layered circle watercolor with acrylic black and white circle highlights.

I decided to turn it into one of my favorite crafts to make- envelopes atc/gift card sized!

Then, I streamed one of my favorite books that I just learned was a new movie rendition - Rebecca.

Prior to painting, I drew lines to fill in going from each corner to the center.

I decided to use 3 colors, and went around painting, practicing various techniques: wet on wet, wet on dry, dry on wet, ombre, etc.

I turned these into envelopes, too.

I prefer the first ones because the colors are more exciting, but am happy with them both!

Thanks for looking!

18 Likes

I’m kind of obsessed with these. Especially the circles!

2 Likes

I kinda am, too. Thanks!

2 Likes

They are gorgeous!
Both the paintings and the little envelopes you turned them into.

2 Likes

I love them both and the envelopes are great! The ones you sent me in the Christmas swap were well used!

2 Likes

Ooh! I saw your circle painting in the other thread… it looks great as envelopes!

2 Likes

The circle one is my fave :hugs: I love that you turned them into envelopes :raised_hands:t2:

Did you like the movies? I’ve seen them both :relaxed:

1 Like

Thank you, and I did like the movies.

1 Like

Wow, you are the queen of envelopes! These are fantastic!

2 Likes

I like that you turned the masterboard into something so useful and unique. The circle one is my favorite too!

2 Likes