AC/DC Camp Shirt

I’ve been seeing all these cute outfits on Pinterest and they almost all share one element…a light and breezy camp shirt.

The pattern is Butterick 6924 and the fabric is a cotton print from Jo-Ann’s clearance rack (probably quilting fabric). Another ‘wearable’ muslin, and I use that term sparingly. I wanted it roomy, but 6"+ of ease is a little much. Like most big 4 patterns, there’s too much wearing ease and it’s too wide in the shoulder even after I sewed the sleeve with a wider seam allowance. And I’m left debating whether I go down one size, or two plus an FBA, for the next attempt. (I’m going to work on something completely unrelated and get back to that question in a few days).

13 Likes

That is a rockin’ shirt in every sense! Beautiful work! Butterick and Vogie patterns intimidate me and I tend to stick to Simplicity or McCall’s.

2 Likes

Thanks! This pattern was really straightforward and well-written, 6 pieces and nothing tricky. It’s a Palmer-Pletsch pattern, so it has all the markings and instructions for altering the fit, too.

3 Likes

Ooo! Love a good outfit staple like this. I’m so impressed by your ability to adjust patterns to fit you better!

1 Like

What a fun print to make your muslin with! When you’re ready, I hope you find the sizing solutions that work for you and you make some more cool tops to wear!

1 Like

Thanks! Part of me just wants to make a couple sleeveless shirts/dresses just to not have to deal with the shoulder issues, lol.

Your shirt looks so well made! Nice job getting the vertical AC/DC to fall perfectly across the button area. The AC/DC on the back of the neck is another nice touch. Everything about this looks well thought out!

1 Like

Thanks! I really did try and fussy cut it a bit. I’ll probably never be as good at that as @ceep, though… she’s some kind of fabric wizard! :heart:

2 Likes

It looks fantastic!

1 Like

Thank you!

What an awesome shirt! It looks so professional and precise! And I love the fabric!

1 Like

Thank you!

Well shoot! This is just awesome. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks!