Accuquilt Go Baby Fabric Cutter

Hi, everyone! So nervous about my first post…lol! I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I work with leather scraps a lot and would like to find a fabric cutter that is inexpensive but gets the job done. I have bid for this cutter on ebay and just wanted to see if anyone had any reviews or advice. I researched the dies available and see quite a few that I could use. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey craftymomma! Welcome to the site! Could you share a link to the cutter you are looking at? I haven’t really worked with anything but very light leather that I could just use scissors on, but hopefully a link to the cutter you are looking at will help some other members of you advice :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome! I wonder if @TheMistressT might be able to help. I think she has worked with leather before (TWSS!)

2 Likes

WELCOME @craftymomma! Hmmmm. I haven’t used Accuquilt cutters, but I feel like I have seen lots of positive comments about Accuquilt online. If you know it can actually cut leather AND you’ve found dies you can use, then it seems like a good bet! I understand that the Cricut Maker will cut leather, but I also know that Cricut sells their own leather, so not sure how it would do on other leathers. An advantage of a digital cutter is that you wouldn’t be limited by available dies, but if you’re limited to their proprietary leathers maybe it’s a wash.

I really hope you’ll share some of your projects soon!

2 Likes

Welcome, craftymomma!

Following this thread. Hoping you find the perfect things that you need. This place is full of helpful folks.

1 Like

Here’s the link. It’s suitable for cutting 1 layer of leather. I use upholstery grade so it’s not too thick.

I would love a digital cutter but that sounds like something I need to put on a wish list! Thanks for your input, everyone!!

I am no help at all for your question - but welcome! and I hope you will share pictures of some of your creative projects :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! I just posted a pair of earrings I made from leather scraps in Completed Projects! Everyone’s projects are so inspirational…makes me wish I had more time to CRAFT!!

2 Likes