Acrylic pour kit

My local art/maker space did some take-home art kits, and I picked up an acrylic pour one to play with. It included some paint (which I augmented with my own supply) cups & stir sticks, flow medium, and 3 projects: coasters, rocks, and a canvas.

Coasters! …they only gave us mod podge to seal them with, tho… can anyone recommend a waterproof sealant to go over top?

Some of the many rocks! (yay, rocks)

(No final picture of the canvas yet; I’m still trying to decide if we need to add something else to it.)

I find that my failure mode is mixing up FAR TOO MUCH paint. Many things were painted, and then more things were tracked down to pour paint on, and then there was STILL MORE PAINT, so yeah.

In progress, on my messy, messy porch:

17 Likes

Your art/maker space came up with a creative way to “pivot” during this crazy time- I would have loved to pick up a kit of supplies for a project! A couple of years ago, my sister and I dabbled in acrylic paint pouring- we each did a handful of canvases. All of the supplies ended up staying at her place and her husband gave it a try and fell in love with the technique. He’s made a bunch of beautiful works!

I really like how you painted such a wide variety of objects, especially using things I wouldn’t have thought to try. I might have to see if my sister has any left of the supplies I bought. Otherwise, I’ll have to make myself a new kit!

2 Likes

Super cool! I love the idea of a pour kit. They make a waterproof modge podge. I am really digging the turquoise and black coaster.

1 Like

What a fun project! Love the rocks

1 Like

These came out great!! What fun! I’ve been wanting to give this a try.

I agree, the rocks are great, I never would have thought of that. And I love the planter!

1 Like

These look great. The best thing to keep the shiny glossy wet look, is to cover them with a layer of resin-but that is much more difficult on a curved surface. It’ll work for the pictures though.

1 Like

I had no idea you could do that with rocks! Neat-o!

1 Like