Acrylic Pour Triptych

My mum and dad came over today and brought my niece, and during their visit I remembered I needed to get a pen knife from Officeworks. So all the girls hopped in the car and we went down to check out the art supplies :heart_eyes:
While we were there we saw a pack of 3 decent sized canvases on clearance for $4.90 and a set of 4 acrylic pour paints. I know my mum wanted some artwork for the entry to their new home, so I suggested we make it ourselves! :muscle:t2:
Once we arrived home mum was a little unsure as she didn’t feel like an artist, but I had so much fun helping her get over her hesitancy. I’m a big believer that there’s no mistakes in art, because art is exactly what we make it.
We had SO much fun and although we were a little paint short to cover 3 canvases fully, I liked the way they turned out anyway!
We made them out in the front yard on some upturned milk crates over some ruined plaster to catch the drips. Then left them to dry in my new craft studio over a proper paint drop sheet :sweat_smile: yay for crafting amid renovations :star_struck:
Thanks for looking at our efforts :hugs:

How cool are those drips!

18 Likes

So fun! I love that you encouraged your mom to be arty! :heart:

3 Likes

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, and they turned out great!

1 Like

How fun! Glad you got your mom to jump in and have fun as well! Sometimes you just have to start…my friend is now addicted to making these…she churns out 4 or 5 a day!

2 Likes

How fun to do this with your mom!! And I love how they all use the same basic method yet turned out so different!

1 Like

What a cool project! And especially fun that it was a spontaneous family activity! Are each of your ladies taking one or are all three going to your mom?

2 Likes

That looks so neat! And I agree the drips are mesmerizing.

1 Like

Thank you all for your kind comments!

@TheMistressT My mum is going to place all three in her entryway, and the next time we go over we’ll bring the dried paintings and help her hang them. I’ll definitely take another photo to share how they look on the wall :hugs:

@AIMR I can see how they could become very addictive! Does your friend sell them? That would be a lot of paintings to have lying around :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yes, she does sell them…between $45 and $350 depending on size and colors…she is a master!

Artist: Patrice Valle

1 Like

:purple_heart: :art: :sparkling_heart: Congratulations! Your groovy project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :sparkling_heart: :art: :purple_heart:

1 Like

Awww thanks so much!