Adding to a knitted baby blanket

Hello, I have just knitted a baby blanket for my soon to be born grandchild. Once I cast off I realised it was way to small. Any suggestions of how to increase the width of this without it looking like an after thought? I dont mind if it is a different pattern, knitted or crocheted etc. I have all the wool colours left to work with. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
341264187_897994038088634_8286250444345718655_n

8 Likes

I would suggest crocheting a border around it. If you do double crochet around the edge about 3 - 4 rows around, it would look good

2 Likes

Welcome to lettuce craft! You’ll find this place is full of really great people.

To your question: Can you do both knitting and crochet? A crochet border could look nice (and deliberate). I often mix the two together in a project.

3 Likes

Hi @jgold61. Welcome to Lettuce Craft! I’m one of the Site Moderators, and have used my magic mod powers to move your post to the correct category. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. The Mods are glad to be of help, and most of our seasoned members can point you in the right direction if needed. :heart:

3 Likes