Adult Coloring Craftalong

The coloring continues. Still working on the Mythographic Animals coloring book. This is mostly Prismacolor pencils with some of the Castle Arts for the background. I continue to fight with the paper itself because you can see it doesn’t like layers of color so, in the background for example, there’s spots where it literally won’t blend. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: The paper quality is fine, but not for heavy layering and blending.

12 Likes

I love all the pencil work @PhoenixFireDesigns, even if the paper doesn’t want to cooperate. I’ve been stuck on a WIP of doom that I don’t even like anymore, but my brain insists I must push through and finish. There’s light at the end of the tunnel though - just a few more details to finish before I can never look at it again. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I love the I spy aspect of this coloring book!

You are really making them into show pieces…beautiful work!

2 Likes

So irritating when something that’s supposed to be fun turns into a chore!

1 Like

Aw, I’ve been there. Crafty wishes for a swift finish! :smile:

And of course, I HAD to make the ice cream a Dole Whip! :crazy_face: And, aw, thanks! It’s been nice just letting my brain focus on something different the past week or so.

4 Likes

Alright, pushed through the WIP-that-shall-not-be-named and have a finish for National Coloring Day!

It’s from Colorit’s “Colors of the Decades”.

9 Likes

Groovy!

1 Like

That is epic.

1 Like

Such great pages. The paper might be giving you fits @PhoenixFireDesigns but the end results are gorgeous!

2 Likes

I started a page in a new coloring book. Using gelli roll moonbeam pens. That’s supposed to be a dark purple but it looks brown in the pic.

11 Likes

Ooh, pretty!

1 Like

Started a new page the other day after not coloring for a month or so. Didn’t finish, but here’s the start anyway.

9 Likes

So pretty!!

2 Likes

After a rough week, where both cars decided to break down six days apart, I needed some coloring therapy. So I did this quick piece from Johannas Christmas book. Just simple Ohuhu markers and a quick, couple hours total this evening. I was trying to make a lighter/whiter one but…picked the wrong color so I had to go with it. Wasn’t supposed to be so peachy. Oh well, still accomplished the point of getting out of my head for a little bit.

8 Likes

So a couple nights ago, I wanted to color a little bit. Then I wound up coloring for like 6 hours straight. Whoops.

I started, just kept going, and then it got to a point where I just wanted to finish it. So I colored all the characters, then filled in the entire background and added some pops with a white gel pen to complete it.

Ohuhu alcohol markers with white gel pen accent from the Johanna’s Christmas coloring book.

9 Likes

I did that with putting together a puzzle once. “I’ll just start this and relax for a little,” I said, and then stayed up basically all night…

You have rather more to show for it than I did, since the puzzle is now put away again. :wink:

2 Likes

Haven’t had a lot of time for anything since the holidays (currently organizing a cross-country move so I can help raise my nieces), but I found the tine this weekend to finish this one:

I’m quite happy with how it came out (though to be fair, I love just about anything that I get to use mica paint on :star_struck:)

10 Likes

Pretty!

1 Like

oh I love the sparkle to the color!

1 Like

Now this was educational. It was very interesting to see so many coloring pages brought to life with the various mediums. COOL!

1 Like