Adventure Awaits T-shirt

I recently purchased a cute t-shirt to put in my son’s Easter basket. But it came in a 2 pack and the second shirt was a plain peach pocketed tee that I wouldn’t have bought if given the choice and didn’t really see me dressing him in very often. So, being the crafter that I am, I decided to make it into something I would like to dress him in. I googled T-shirt ideas and came across this shirt that I was just going to recreate with the words adventure awaits (but without all the yellow details).

I traced the continental outline in Silhouette Studio, but when I typed the words, they didn’t stand out very well from the outline, regardless of what font I used. Then inspiration struck and next thing I knew, I was stretching letters this way and that to come up with the final design.

The compass design is done with shiny gold htv

I had a hard time with the ‘E’ at the end of ‘adventure,’ and am still a little on the fence about the design, but overall, I’m happy with it.

20 Likes

It looks great! You did a great job with that lettering and the whole design aspect.

1 Like

I think it looks fabulous! The E fits perfectly there :slight_smile: It’s always fun playing around in Silhouette Studio and seeing your ideas come to life :smiley:

2 Likes

I love it! The design is great. Did you slice the vinyl at the pocket or is it closed up?

2 Likes

Very cool! I love that you evolved your idea into something even better than the inspiration!

1 Like

Everything looks perfect, it’s a totally pro finish.

1 Like

Wowie! This turned out wonderfully! An amazing save of a shirt you wouldn’t have otherwise used. Lucky kiddo!

1 Like

What an amazing design! I love that you designed it yourself. I adore the compass too.

1 Like

This is fantastic. I want one. :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you all SO much!! I really appreciate all the kind words!

@Dooney, I did cut through the little piece that connects on the pocket.

3 Likes

Amazing! That may be my next embroidered sentiment.

1 Like

The E turned out great, and to draws the eye down to the next words in the phrase. Great job,

1 Like