Adventures in Coloring - phoenix art in colored pencil

I know “adult coloring books” were a HUGE thing a few years back now, and they’re probably out of fashion, but I sat down last night to try out some new colored pencils and wound up coloring for about 8 straight hours. :smile:

Turns out, I forgot how relaxing it can be and man, it felt good to just play with color and not stress over MAKING SOMETHING like for sale, or profit, or an order, etc.

Finished piece. It’s from the Mythographic Animals coloring book. I used Castle Arts colored pencils.

(I would say the pencils are somewhere inbetween a Crayola and a Prismacolor. They’re a little waxier than Prismacolor, but they still have a nice blendability. Some colors are softer than others. They do have the ability to do a light layer of color, but the more you press and cover, they get richer and more opaque. If you don’t have the budget for Prismacolor, they’re not a bad option. I wound up getting them on a Lightning deal so they were really inexpensive.)

In progress

In progress

So, yeah. Something I “made” last night. Thought I’d share since creativity hasn’t been high on my list of things the past year and a half.

23 Likes

Well, you sure as heck made this your own! You’ve mad skills with the colored pencils. Enviable!

1 Like

Gorgeolicious!

1 Like

aw, thank you! I enjoy coloring (even if I can’t draw stick figures!)

1 Like

It’s beautiful!
I love the colors you chose and how vibrant they are in some parts.

1 Like

It is lovely and really nicely shaded!

You should check out the Adult Coloring Craftalong…there are monthly prompts and postings of some really beautiful pages!

2 Likes

Nice color-blending! (and yes, come check out the coloring craftalong!)

2 Likes

That is excessively impressive “coloring.” :joy: Seriously, though, very beautiful shading and blending! I lack that skill pretty much entirely, but admire it a great deal in others. Slowly trying to learn, though!

1 Like

I have to give you kudos. I have never finished a color page. Those things take so long! It loosk great and the blending is wonderful.

2 Likes

That came out so beautifully!! I’d hang it on my fridge!! :grin:

2 Likes

Ah cool, thanks! Didn’t realize there was one. I’ll definitely check it out.

1 Like

Wonderful! I love your blending on the phoenix :slight_smile:

1 Like