Aerogarden Growers

I’m not sure if this is the right place for this (or if there even is a place) but this seemed the closest. I was just wondering if anyone else here has an Aerogarden and uses it to grow veggies and herbs.
My in-laws got us an Aerogarden for Christmas and we liked it so much we bought another one for ourselves for Valentine’s Day. Right now we have cherry tomatoes growing in one and a mix of herbs in the second. Our first crop was a variety of lettuces. They were ready to harvest in like, three weeks.
If you have an Aerogarden, what are you growing right now?

Also, if anyone has grown tomatoes before, any tips for pollination would be great! Our tomato plants are getting flowers, but they don’t seem open enough, or placed properly to pollinate by just “gently shaking” as the guide recommends. Wondering if it’s worth it to invest in the pollination wand.

I’d start with a small paintbrush.

…had not really looked at aerogardens before, but now I am drooling over them.

1 Like

They’re so cool! They’re especially great for us because we live in a north facing apartment so even just trying to keep some herbs alive in the window was tough.

1 Like

Weird, we are living in parallel dimensions! :laughing: We love ours from Christmas so much, too, we were JUST talking about wishing we had a second one.

Our basil went CRAZY! I love it so much. I just found one of the “Plant Anything” kits at a yard sale over the weekend, so now we have a second set of empty pods. I was going to use wool or something to create our own, but we’re set for a bit now.

3 Likes

I need to learn more about these; they sound wonderful!

TheMisterT got one for his birthday last year from his sister! He’s grown only herbs so far and right now has a mix complied for Asian food, because he cooks a lot of that. We’ve had basil a couple times and they’ve been our last to really go. Maybe I’ll get him to try lettuce next!

2 Likes

Update! We have many tomatoes! And we didn’t even have to assist the pollination. I think just shaking the plants while watering was enough.

Just waiting for them to ripen now.

3 Likes

Exciting!

1 Like

WOW! That’s great!

1 Like

Ok, my reward to myself for sorting out the kitchen well enough to fit isolation/quarantine prep quantities of food in it was to get one of these; I put in half salad greens & half herbs, but so far only the lettuce has germinated.

2 Likes

We have one but haven’t used it since we moved into the new house. I’ll have to unpack it soon and start using it again. :3

1 Like

woahhhhhh! what a happy, joyous gift to grow! and i bet it smells AMAZING!!

1 Like

The lettuce grows so. fast. We had lettuce as our first crop. Our herbs took about a week to start sprouting.

1 Like