Air Fryer Hamburger

First off, I do not condone this, heh, but it is possible, and you can do a lot more with less work for just one. (translation: good for a person living/cooking alone).

First thing I do is form the aluminum foil around a frozen patty (if I were using fresh hamburger, I would form it first then place the patty inside of it).

Then I put my toppings on top of it (it would be better underneath, but that would make them way too greasy).

Then the last step, I form the foil into a dome like shape in an attempt to keep as much moisture inside as possible. (the toppings will still dry out, but not enough to really worry about, for something that’s supposed to be a quick & easy bite).

As for temps and times. I…er…just cook it til the internal temp is 165. Between 325° and 375° for 16 to 30 minutes. Inbetween stops I move the foil to different sides of the basin.

Edit:

350° for 13 minutes, move it, then 10 more minutes.

end Edit

Now, I don’t know if there’s a better method (heck, I probably should search the internet), but meh, it works for me, HAH! That, plus the only times I really think about it and do it is when I’m starving like crazy and can’t think worth snot. (and I’m still pretty shaky from rooting the sewer line).

Another thing I’d like to do is get the grease to drain off the burger, but unfortunately, that is not an option. It’s very necessary to keep it from drying out and sticking to the bottom of it. Plus, makes it so much easier to clean the basin afterwards.

6 Likes

Yummmm!!

What a good idea and smart way to get it all cooked without a lot of work! It seems that the foil pocket idea would work for a lot of different things in the air fryer!

1 Like

Brilliant!