Air plant holder

I had this on my “to make list” ever since I wanted air plants. I got them for my birthday in November and two weeks ago I finally had the time to make them!
They are very easy to do!

I followed the directions from Lone Fox on YouTube.
But i’ll do a quick how to here:
Supplies:
I used milk cartons for the molds (re-use ftw!)
Cement
Water
Your “mess spoon” to stir
Container to make the cement (plastic ice-cream box)
Pliers
Wire

Steps:

• clean out your milk cartons and cut them to your height.
  • get out your cement, fill your box, add water and stir. Make your every bit of cement has touched the water. (a bowl is easier than a rectangle narrow thing…)
  • when your cement has a cement like consistency, pour it in your mold. Fill up to the height you like
  • put out the air bubbles by picking the mold up and tapping it lightly on a surface
  • in the meantime, take our your pliers and wire and shape a shape like the pictures. It’s really easy. I tried the air plants in there to see if they were snug.
  • make an L shape at the bottom of the wire
  • put it in the cement
  • Let it dry for 48 hours.
  • undo the mold and let it dry some more!

Done :slightly_smiling_face:

I am thinking to put a cupper colour on the bottom. But that can wait.

(First time posting from my cellphone, I am so glad this website remembered my post because it kept refreshing :confused:)

27 Likes

Very cute!

2 Likes

I like the openness of the wire for the air plants! The holders looks modern and not so bit and clumsy…thanks for the tutorial…

3 Likes

This is way cool.

2 Likes

So cute and functional!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tute, these came out great! I can’t keep plants alive at all so I’m in awe of those of you who can :laughing: I may use this method to make some little photo holders for my craft space, though!

2 Likes

These came out so well!

2 Likes

Great idea!!!

2 Likes

Oh I love it! :heart: Super cool!

2 Likes

Really cool!! They look great!

2 Likes

very neato way to display air plants!

2 Likes

Love this! Such a fab way to show off your new air plants. Thanks for the quick instructions :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I am glad you like them!

@BreadMenace you only need to spray these airplants once a week (and I sometimes forget…) so there are the perfect plants for plantkillers. (Unless you kill plants because you want to give them to much love… I kind of keep destroying my succulents because of too much water)

2 Likes

Wonderful tutorial and air plants! Good luck with them, they are gorgeous.

1 Like

LOVE IT! Man I should really do this!

1 Like

Really cool! A nice change from seashells.

1 Like

That really looks great, what a cool idea.

1 Like

Simple and stylish way to display those cute plants!

1 Like

You should really! So easy to make!

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

What an elegant way to display your plants. :seedling::heart:

1 Like