I had this on my “to make list” ever since I wanted air plants. I got them for my birthday in November and two weeks ago I finally had the time to make them!
They are very easy to do!
I followed the directions from Lone Fox on YouTube.
But i’ll do a quick how to here:
I used milk cartons for the molds (re-use ftw!)
Your “mess spoon” to stir
Container to make the cement (plastic ice-cream box)
- clean out your milk cartons and cut them to your height.
- get out your cement, fill your box, add water and stir. Make your every bit of cement has touched the water. (a bowl is easier than a rectangle narrow thing…)
- when your cement has a cement like consistency, pour it in your mold. Fill up to the height you like
- put out the air bubbles by picking the mold up and tapping it lightly on a surface
- in the meantime, take our your pliers and wire and shape a shape like the pictures. It’s really easy. I tried the air plants in there to see if they were snug.
- make an L shape at the bottom of the wire
- put it in the cement
- Let it dry for 48 hours.
- undo the mold and let it dry some more!
I am thinking to put a cupper colour on the bottom. But that can wait.
(First time posting from my cellphone, I am so glad this website remembered my post because it kept refreshing )