Alcohol Ink Valentines

For the Galentine’s swap I decided to play with my alcohol inks and some vellum. I love the color swirls and the glittery gold accents.

23 Likes

Ooh, the gold gives these just the right sparkly special touch & I love this saying! You Are Loved :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

These are so, so beautiful. I’ve been looking at the card you sent me, and wondering how you got the little plant designs that seem to be scattered on parts of the card. Were those imprinted on the vellum? Or did you draw them in by hand?

2 Likes

Gorgeous! The colours, the gold accents…just wow.

2 Likes

Thank you! I used lightly patterned white vellum. The ink picks out the design in places. I’ve ordered more patterned white vellum as I’m eager to see the effect with different designs.

2 Likes

Thank you! They were fun to make!

2 Likes

These are beautiful. I agree with @Magpie, the gold touch is perfection.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Gorgeous!!

1 Like

I love the ethereal nature of the inked background contrasting with the “solid” quality of the black text on white framed with black.

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you!

Wow! I love the gold accents and the subtle texture with the stamping. These are absolutely beautiful!

1 Like

So creative! Love it!

1 Like

Thank you!

Thanks!

These are gorgeous. Using vellum is a good idea.

1 Like

I looked up alcohol inks because I haven’t used them before and one of the first things that comes up is that they’ll fade if placed in direct sunlight, which I did not know.
Oh! I know what they remind me of, vaguely. Have you seen the cover of My Bloody Valentine’s album Loveless? They kinda remind me of that (also probably because I’ve been listening to it a lot).

I have some vellum here that I finally found at a local art store… I was trying to figure out how to color it because I saw some used as tiny colorful wings. I have alcohol markers, just not ink.
Thanks for reminding me about that project! I’ll have to add it to my 50 projects list.

In conclusion, they are lovely and I’m digging that gold accent.

2 Likes

Thank you!

You can abaolutely do this with alcohol markers. Make scribbles on the vellum with it (solid blocks of color) then drip isopropyl alcohol on top and use a straw to blow the liquid around.

I had no idea about the fading in sunlight thing. I’ll have to experiment with sealing them. I use a double sided tape roller to attach the vellum to cards as regular glue makes the vellum pucker.

I’ll make a turorial to post on here when I make my next set.

3 Likes

Thank you!