All kinds of Birds

Not sure how I didn’t know a photography category existed but now that I do, thought I’d share a very small sample of my latest birds

Semipalmated Plover

Tundra Swan

Bald Eagle

Great Black-backed Gull (the largest gull in the world)

Swamp Sparrow

Semipalmated Sandpiper

25 Likes

Oh, my! What a gorgeous variety of birdies. I love love love the image of the Swamp Sparrow on the branch. The coral dotted amongst the neutral palette are just splendid.

2 Likes

I’d like to say that was a well planned shot but, in all honesty, it was a ‘get a photo of that bird before it flies away’ shot. It was at a distance and I wanted to ID it. One of my favourites though.

1 Like

These are all gorgeous shots, but the bald eagle is stunning! I love his ruffled look.

1 Like

These are all beautiful shots! I especially love the bald eagle one! :eagle:

1 Like

You did a great job capturing all of these! I especially love the juxtaposition of the white swan against the deep blue water!

1 Like

What kind of camera do you use. These are very nice.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s my latest. I flew back to Alberta to visit my dad and we went birding. The lake the swan was on always has dark water like that.

2 Likes

A Nixon Coolpix P900 … it’s considered a point and shoot but has many bells and whistles.

2 Likes

Great shots!

1 Like

You might have a new career working for the Audubon Society! You have photographed so many different kinds!

I love the Swamp Sparrow picture…just a hint of color…gorgeous shot!

1 Like

Thanks!

I have over 150 individual species in photos, which is barely a drop in the bucket.

Oh, I saw this today, made me laugh.

5 Likes

Very pretty birds! I love the plover and the sandpiper.

1 Like

Beautiful photos! I like your composition of the plover, especially. The sand stretches before it… it’s like you’re searching for tasties with it.

1 Like

Aren’t they so wonderful? Adorable, majestic, frightening… love the swamp sparrow, what a cutie.

1 Like