ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

I have my extra small GALentine craft finished and I’m finishing up the six cards. I’ll move on to my next set of valentine cards, about fifteen total for the second group.

I have a scarf to start knitting in the evenings, I just need to dig out my cable needle.

2 Likes

I’m working on a stash project: heart granny square purse. It’s slow going because I also don’t get much uninterrupted crafting time. I finished the 4 squares and assembled them to the base. Now to work on a lining and then add the handles and any embellishments. Fingers crossed it’s done by the 14th so it can be used on the most appropriate day of the year for it. : )

3 Likes

This is an awesome way to keep track of your reading stats!

1 Like

Currently working on items for bag swap.
Finished GALentines swap items on Monday.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Minister for Magic Mission
Project Name & Page Link: Block Printed GALentines
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: Used the Lino press I got for Christmas to make cards for the GALentines swap (let me know if this doesn’t count as a surprise item.) Blurred for my swap partners.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture before I sealed them up, so these are the leftover “bad ones”.

6 Likes

I’m slowly working through my pile of WIPs. I started a knit hat and I pulled out my happypotamus WIP to work on in February - finding the notebook with my notes was the hardest part. :laughing:

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: WIP Challenge (Molly’s Housecraft Challenges)
Project Name & Page Link: Scarf Cover-Up
Brief Description: My mother has a neurodegenerative disease and daily life can get a bit messy. This is the latest in a series of scarf cover-ups I’ve been making to help protect her clothes while looking decent.

7 Likes

Pam, your Galentines are amazing!

1 Like

That scarf is so pretty and sounds like it will be so practical/functional as well. Nice work!

Your cards are so fun and creative and lovely!

1 Like

I borrowed our new punch needle kit from the library where I work. It has an Oxford punch needle and that thing is like buttah! (My needles are cheapies.) To be fair, I’ve figured out that I have been punching more densely that I need to, so that probably has a bearing on ease-of-punching as well. More experimentation may be in order. :slight_smile:

**Prompt/Challenge Title:**Madam Malkin’s
Project Name & Page Link: Evil Eye Coaster
Team: Quibbler
Brief Description: This is for a shrine my coworkers have made in a back office to keep a particulary rude patron at bay :slight_smile:

Prompt/Challenge Title: Slug and Jiggers
Project Name & Page Link: Mushroom Rug
Brief Description: I wanted to try something in pastels with this one. I think it will make a cute rug for my dolls!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hogwarts Castle
Project Name & Page Link: Trimmed checked coaster
Brief Description:
For this one I trimmed the loops and practiced the art of trimming along the lines to make them more distinct. I got the idea from this video. It’s pretty fun to do but it makes a HUGE MESS, lol!

5 Likes

Those are so cute! Punch needle Renaissance! Seems to be really popular lately.

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Cupboard Under the Stairs
Project Name & Page Link: Tiny Valentine Playing Card Banner
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: GALentine’s Day Swap
Team: :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone: The Quibbler :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone:
Brief Description: I crafted eight tiny valentine playing card banners. Six were for partners and the two others were tests but also turned out well so they will probably go to family. I am so happy that at some point I had purchased a new tiny hole punch which worked out great for the string. If you noticed in the Snapshot thread, I had to glue on the tiny heart stickers because they were not compatible with the card surface. Here is a photo of one of them. They’re all identical except for the card numbers.
Note: Blurred for partners.

4 Likes

They’re so sweet!

1 Like

:sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles:

HPC VALENTINE CARD EXCHANGE

Only one person has answered my proposed Valentine’s Exchange, but I thought I’d be optimistic and try again. If you’d like to participate in the card exchange (cards may be purchased or handmade!), please PM me your mailing address by Sunday (Feb 4th), at noon. We will aim to all mail our cards by Wednesday (Feb 7th), to hopefully receive them by Valentine’s.

:sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles: :heart: :zap: :love_letter: :sparkles:

4 Likes

@endymion - That is a fantastic block!

@Moonflame - Cute coasters! I remember punch needle crafts being big when I was a kid, along with latch hooking.

@irid3sc3nt - Those are adorable!

2 Likes

Somehow, I missed seeing your first message. I would participate in a Valentine card exchange. Off to send you my official mailing address!
:love_letter:

3 Likes

Hello everyone! The last couple of years have been so busy and stressful with family health issues that I lost track of making time for myself. The last couple of months though, I have made a goal for myself and started sticking to it- that at least every other day I need to read an enjoyable book for a bit, or craft-even if only for 10 minutes. Now that I have gotten in the habit I feel less stressed overall. So, I am ready to jump back in to this craftalong. I have always loved the creativity of the themes and seeing everyones projects. Already there have been so many amazing projects posted!

7 Likes

Welcome back @plaidpineapple!

@moonflame - Love the coasters! How big are they? I can’t quite get a sense of scale but they look delightfully thick, to the point that I’d be worried about tipping my drink if I set it down wrong.

@irid3sc3nt Such tiny cards! The banner turned out super cute.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Minister for Magic Mission
Project Name & Page Link: Vintage Stripe Scrappy Doll Dresses
Brief Description: These dresses are a double surprise. For one this was a scrap of a very wide striped print and I had no idea what it would look like once it was cut down for dresses. I’m keeping one for myself and the other is being sent as a Valentines surprise.

7 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Privet Drive
Project Name & Page Link: Flannel Liners
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: Certainly a mundane item, flannel liners for when that time of the month is getting close. Yet, there is a satisfaction to knowing that I can make my own items for basic necessities.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hogwarts Castle
**Project Name & Page Link:**Crochet Washcloth
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: My daughter has been crocheting up a storm, and was willing to teach me. Here is my first item- a washcloth. I have tried knitting in the past and was never able to really catch on enough to do much. Crocheting though, I am in love with. I have already started an afghan :slight_smile:

5 Likes