ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Three Tin Birds for Charity Event
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Charity Item for Cunningham Children’s Home Fundraising Event
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: Made three of my little birds to donate (adapted from a pattern by Jenny Fillius). I love that one of them has little scissors on its wings and will be for sale at a quilt show.
IMG_4953

4 Likes

I always love your birds :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Everyone has made so many awesome things! :smiley:

~

Prompt/Challenge Title: Eeylops Owl Emporium
Project Name & Page Link: Cat Cloak
Team: The Quibbler
Brief Description: My cat needed a new costume, so I made her a cloak! I made it by tracing her santa costume and using it as a reference. It’s made from pieces of a fleece blanket and some velcro - all from stash! The edges of the blanket were serged(?), so I used them as the edge of the hood.

It’s a little big, so I ended up tucking in the extra velcro when she was wearing it. If she wears it again, I’ll probably end up trimming it down.

(she got several treats for cooperating)

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hogsmeade Station
Project Name & Page Link: February ATCs
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Ongoing ATC Swap, February 2024
Brief Description: These very small ATCs were made for swap partners in the February ATC swap! The bookshelf ATC was colored with markers and the sunflowers and piiig were colored with colored pencils.

Little Good Things (snapdragons and overflowing bookshelves):

Sunflowers and a Kid-Safe Joke:

Prompt/Challenge Title: King’s Cross Station
Project Name & Page Link: Cat Bookmarks
Brief Description: These are a gift for a dear family member - she loves my cat, so I used some photos of my cat as a reference to draw some simple bookmarks for her.

5 Likes

Your cat looks ADORABLE in that cloak! And your drawings are all so cool.

1 Like

Look at that cutie patootie kitty cat!

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hut on the Rock
Project Name & Page Link: Puffer the Magic Diaper Bag
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Swap item (Make-a-Bag-and-Fill-It)
Brief Description: Although I love how it turned out, making this bag was quite a challenge! It took weeks and weeks.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Crocheted Dragon
Brief Description: This crocheted dragon makes me so happy! Thanks for the loan of the pattern book, @MistressJennie.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Privet Drive
Project Name & Page Link: Stars and Dragons Changing Pad
Brief Description: Diaper-changing is a pretty mundane but necessary task!

Prompt/Challenge Title: Madame Malkins
Project Name & Page Link: Pyramid Pacifier Pouch
Brief Description: pacifier pouch for the diaper bag; picture above.

5 Likes

Endymion that diaper bag is incredible!

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hogsmeade Station
Project Name & Page Link: Crochet Barbie Bag
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: This lil’ Barbie bag is about 2 inches tall.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Kings Cross Station
Project Name & Page Link: Crochet Linen Sticht Scarf
Brief Description: I crafted this scarf for a friend.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Housecraft Challenge- scraps/stash
Project Name & Page Link: Crochet Afghan border
Brief Description: Since I had yarn leftover I thought I would learn how to add a decorative border to my afghan. It ended up being easier than I expected, and added a nice touch.

5 Likes

Oooh, that scarf is beautiful!

I thought you had purchased the bag and added something to it, not that you made the whole darn thing! :astonished:

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Artist Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Phone Holder Painted Ceramic
Team: :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone: The Quibbler :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone:
Brief Description: My son and I went to a local place called Arts on Fire and painted ceramic! This is supposed to be a business card holder, but it works very well as a holder for my phone when I want to videochat.

6 Likes

My organizer is coming today for the first of a few sessions to organize my craft room! I’ll take pics and when it’s finished I can enter it into another slot here. I hope it works out well.

3 Likes

Super fun phone holder!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m looking forward to going there again and painting something else. There were so many cool ceramics.

1 Like

Happy Gred and Feorge day!
:black_joker::black_joker:

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Slug & Jigger
Project Name: Three Wee Dresses
Brief Description: While visiting my parents I discovered a bunch of old binding strips from a quilt I made many many years ago. They were wadded up tightly as if they had gone through the washer, tied themselves into a series of knots, and then been abandoned as too much work to salvage. I managed to untangle everything but they were still incredibly creased, so I soaked them all in water, let them air dry for a bit, and then ironed them to try to get out the worst of the wrinkles. I was only mildly successful but they are good enough for doll clothes. One and a half strips got turned into these three dresses.

7 Likes

Now THAT’S some kind of magic!

Project dump incoming! Here’s a few things I finished over Lent…

Prompt/Challenge Title: Molly’s Housecraft Challenge - Scrap Busting
Project Name & Page Link: Saint Monica Bar Decoration
Brief Description: It didn’t bust a lot of stash, but I used things that had been in my stash for ages to make this little wall hanging for my drinking buddies.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Hospital Wing
Project Name & Page Link: Wool Tote Bag
Brief Description: I dug my crochet hooks out of the bottom of a basket to revisit a craft I’m good at but avoid because of a wonky rotator cuff. I didn’t use a pattern, just started stitching.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Privet Drive
Project Name & Page Link: Nesting Bowls
Brief Description: Who doesn’t need more storage, or at least something to help keep all the little bits and bobs a bit more organized? Nothing spectacular or complicated, just a few modest and simple wool bowls…that my dog will probably try to eat.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Madame Malkin’s
Project Name & Page Link: Catholic School Plaid Jacket
Brief Description: Pinning is not my favorite part of sewing, but this project demanded a ridiculous amount of it. Not to mention all the finishing details that had to be sewn by hand. Aside from all of the inadvertent finger pricks, this jacket was very satisfying to create.

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Cupboard Under the Stairs
Project Name & Page Link: Cloned Jeans
Brief Description: These jeans actually fit my body too perfectly, without quite enough ease to move comfortably. Lesson learned: make a muslin.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Molly’s Housecraft Challenge - WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Cotton Candy Boomerang Shawl
Brief Description: This shawl was started a few months back, but got set aside while I worked on other things. When I needed something easy to work on, I picked it back up and finished it off.

Prompt/Challenge Title: King’s Cross Station
Project Name & Page Link: Striped Musselburgh Hat
Brief Description: This hat was a gift for my DH. I didn’t manage to finish it for Christmas, or his birthday, or Valentine’s Day…so, he got it for Easter, lol.

8 Likes

Great projects, you HAVE been busy!

1 Like

Thanks! I have another handful that I still need to snap pictures of. :joy:

1 Like