ALL NEW, REIMAGINED Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring 2024

You’ve been busy! These all look fabulous. I wish I lived closer!

1 Like

These all look amazing! We came home with an apple pie, friendship bread, ginger cookies, shortbread, and jam thumbprints.

3 Likes

I almost snagged some friendship bread, then decided on peach bread instead. Your quilt looked great!

3 Likes

Everything looks delicious!

2 Likes

Everything looks so good!

2 Likes

And here I am eating breakfast looking at these delicious bakes…

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: The Black Lake
Project Name & Page Link: Spring Stripes Maxi Shirtdress
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: This dress required many, many steps in its creation. From modifying the pattern, to cutting out the pieces, to pinning, stitching, pressing, trimming, to sewing on the final button…it took a week to complete.

7 Likes

Wonderful dress!

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you! After that, I’m ready for something meditative…gonna spend some time tomorrow cutting tiny fabric squares.

1 Like

Prompt/Challenge Title: Artist Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Collaged flora bookmark
Team: :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone: The Quibbler :cyclone: :sparkles: :cyclone:
Brief Description: I collaged a bookmark for the Bookmark Swap: cardstock, pieces from book pages, clear stamps and StazOn ink, various pens, stickers, and lamination at the end.

7 Likes

@tendstowardschaos - your dress looks really good!
@irid3sc3nt - nice bookmark! I really like how you put all the different pieces together

~

Prompt/Challenge Title: Crafter’s Choice
Project Name & Page Link: Swap Bookmarks
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Bookmark Swap 2024
Team: The Quibbler
Brief Description: I had fun making these bookmarks for my partners in the bookmark swap! They were colored with markers and/or colored pencils. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Your bookmarks are great! I love Miyazaki, but the Bigfoot with the text is the cat’s pajamas.

1 Like

Oh my goodness, that little hedgie Doctor is too cute!

2 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Molly’s Housecraft Challenge - Reparo
Project Name & Page Link: Quilt WIPs Bins
Team: Daily Prophet
Brief Description: My wire bins have been a catch-all for all of my quilting fabrics, scraps, and WIPs. So I moved all the scraps to a plastic tub, gathered up each of the projects, finished cutting some FQs and then organized those by color value.

5 Likes

Prompt/Challenge Title: Leaky Cauldron
Project Name & Page Link: Gluten-Free Brownie Bites
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: Tried a new recipe. Tasted pretty good, but mint frosting makes all brownies better.

Prompt/Challenge Title: Madam Malkins
Project Name & Page Link: Gluten-Free Brownie Bites
Team: Witch Weekly
Brief Description: I used pins and needles to craft these quilt blocks.

8 Likes

Project Name & Page Link: Crochet Sheep
Brief Description: This little sheep was crocheted for fun! I was going to make a few in different colors until I started making the curlicues - they’re not hard, but one was enough for now! :laughing:

(pattern)

Project Name & Page Link: Knit Snake Block
LC Contest/LC Swap/Charity Item: Local Yarnworker’s Group
Brief Description: This was made for my local yarnworker’s group - several people chose coordinating patterns, and they’ll all be put together into a blanket. :slight_smile:

(pattern)

7 Likes

Oh em goodness, that sheeeep! So adorable.

Did you ever work on a pattern called The Great American Afghan? My organizer found my three or four squares of it and was like, “Oh, this looks like a WIP.” I nervously laugh, uh sure. I only last worked on it twelve years ago :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

I haven’t - it looks like a really nice but challenging project!

1 Like

It is. I remember the giant bobbles being the hardest part.