All That Jazz, Needle & Wet Felted Necklace

13 Likes

This is soooooo striking! Love the colors.

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I’m intrigued how you would needle felt a necklace! This is lovely

1 Like

They truly look at exquisite beads! I just love the center one and the black one with the vine-like beads…beautiful job.

1 Like

So lovely!

1 Like

Thank you!! :smiley:

I have been busy, but not with “making things” lately. Felt (haha) good to get this made. I’ve thought about this project for over a year. Nice to finally get to it and discover what works and what doesn’t.

1 Like

So pretty!!

1 Like

I love it! I didn’t even know you could make beads this way. Very cool.

1 Like

Without zooming in (or reading the title :wink: ), I wouldn’t have instantly known this was wool. It almost looked like clay at first.

How does this feel to be worn? I imagine it’s more lightweight than beads?

And wow, love the whole look. Such a beautiful color combo.

1 Like

Wow! This looks so regal! I’m especially drawn to the 3rd on the right and the bottom middle one. Such a neat way to felt!

1 Like

Thank you!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“susieoregon, post:9, topic:11501”]
I didn’t even know you could make beads this way.
[/quote] I’ve experimented with quite a few different ways to make fiber beads. This started as just one piece which was cut into the smaller beads. Primarily that was done to provide a nice hole for stringing the beads once made and to create the curve in the beads.

I’ve always loved polymer clay. It’s such a versatile medium. I hope to get back into doing polymer clay again, but right now I’m focusing on fiber and I like to try and visually cross that line where my work looks more like polymer clay than fiber.

It’s quite nice and very lightweight! It’s soft which, for some people, is the appeal of fiber jewelry.

The black to red to black bead? or the one with white seed beads on it? Felted beads are a wonderful surface for embellishment.

I keep thinking that at some point I should make a foundation similar to this one and then try to do all the most common embroidery stitches on it - a sampler that you wear. The idea keeps reoccurring to me. Maybe someday I’ll actually do it! :wink:

This one!

1 Like

Ooooh! Forest colors are BEAUTIFUL! I like the textures too.

1 Like

These colors are swoon worthy!

1 Like