Amigurumi hedgehog

I made this little amigurumi hedgehog for @geekgirl in the 12 days of Christmas swap. I couldn’t find eyelash yarn anywhere but luckily @AIMR came to the rescue!

Crocheting with eyelash yarn is kind of a trip because you can’t really see what you’re doing, you kind of just have to put your hook where you know it should go and go with it. Here’s the link to the pattern I used on Ravelry.

27 Likes

This is utterly adorable!

2 Likes

What a cutie!

2 Likes

Oh my goodness- how sweet is this little fella?

2 Likes

So, so cute! Eyelash yarn and blind crocheting for the win!

2 Likes

This is really cute!

2 Likes

Awww! Super cute!

2 Likes

That yarn is absolutely perfect! It does look like a challenge to work with though. Your hedgehog is so cute!!

2 Likes

Omigosh, the cuteness!

2 Likes

So stinkin’ cute, and the eyelash yarn for this is so so perfect.

2 Likes

I can see now why hedgehogs evolved spikes, because who wouldn’t want to squish something that looked like this?

3 Likes

Congrats! Your Amigurumi hedgehog is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

It’s so cute!!!

Tip for working with eyelash yarn: crochet with the eyelash yarn and a strand of worsted weight held together. It looks best if the worsted weight color matches or compliments the eyelash yarn. If working in the round, make what would be considered the wrong side (what is usually the inside of your ami) the side that shows. The “fur” shows better that way. It just looks fuller.

4 Likes

This little thing is too precious. I would hold it and pet it all the time. Amazing job!

3 Likes

…also, looking at you, homespun! : )

1 Like

I had to put him up on a high shelf. I was keeping it near my laptop because it’s so cute. but Rygel found it and wanted to kill it. but the hedgie was successfully rescued!

3 Likes

Shut up! This is SO FLIPPIN ADORABLE! OMG, I can’t even take it.
Thanks for the crocheting tip @storerboughtcreation, that stuff is beastly to use. Maybe I’ll give it another try with you suggestion.

3 Likes