Amish With A Twist 2 ... a king size quilt

Stunning quilt! I can imagine that was a lot of work and rather tricky to quilt on a normal machine (largest I ever attempted was a queen, and that was uncomfortable!). It turned out beautifully!

Oh my gosh this is stunning!!

1 Like

I set two large, tall tables together and put my sewing machine on one side. Then I divided the quilt into sections and either drew lines or made mental notes how to quilt it. Then I rolled, folded, crammed or any combination of those that was necessary to get each section under my needle and sewed. Standing was the best way to sew. It took a number of days too.

5 Likes

WOWZERS! That’s a heckuva job and you did it beautifully! Eventually. :wink:

1 Like

That’s beautiful!

1 Like

This is really impressive!

1 Like

This is the most beautiful quilt I’ve seen in a long time, I love the colors and all the geometric shapes, and like whoa - I didn’t even know you could quilt a king size quilt on a regular sewing machine, bravo!! I really love this! I bet you feel so good now that it’s done too!

1 Like

That came out beautiful! It was worth the work you put into it.

1 Like

Neither did I until I tried :smiley:

3 Likes

This is a gorgeous quilt! Now it’s on my quilt bucket list. And I can’t believe you quilted that on your domestic machine! :scream:

1 Like

How absolutely gorgeous!! Fantastic job!!

1 Like

That is a gorgeous quilt!
And it sure looks like it took you a lot of work.
Hats of for finishing it!

1 Like

Love the colours in it.
Its beautifully quilted too.

1 Like

I can understand why it would get put in craft time-out for awhile. That is a lot of little pieces! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: The pattern is really cool, though and I am super impressed that you did the quilting on your own machine. I’ve got a few quilts I need to make (to use up my ever-growing scrap piles) and I wasn’t sure how I was going to tackle the actual quilting portion of the show. You give me hope! Maybe I won’t make king-size, though. ha!

1 Like

This is such a beautiful quilt!

1 Like

Might not be advisable … I don’t think I ever will again.

1 Like

The colors. The size. The pattern. This is absolutely amazing!!!

1 Like

I absolutely love the colors you chose! Gorgeous work!

1 Like

Way to persevere!
Seriously, as someone who gets distracted by the next project when sewing a lot of repetitive patterns, I think you should get a badge, medal, or at least a box of cookies in reward!

2 Likes

Stunning quilt!

2 Likes