Amish With A Twist 2 ... a king size quilt

A number of years ago my hubby bought me a kit to make this king sized quilt called Amish With A Twist 2. I thought I’d fly through it because it was something I’d admired for awhile as it hung on the walls of a local quilt store but then reality hit …

There were many, many of the same blocks to make and that’s something I don’t do well. I made all the single blocks and then put it away for well over a year. In the fall of 2018, I couldn’t stand not having it finished so pushed myself to get it done.

The quilt I’d seen in the store was beautifully quilted on a long arm but that was beyond my finances so I tackled it on my regular machine.

40 Likes

That turned out beautifully - I love the use of non-traditional colors. Really so vibrant.

5 Likes

That is beautiful! So vibrant!

5 Likes

Holy moly that’s a lot of work!! It looks wonderful!

5 Likes

This is beautiful! Love all the colours and the blocks too! Oh what a lot of work!
And quilted on your regular machine, pfff that wasn’t easy!

Great job! :metal:t3:

2 Likes

This is so beautiful! I’m glad you got it finished; it’s a work of art!

4 Likes

I can see why it is called Amish with a Twist! Those pastel colors in the center really highlight the star!

I just can’t imagine quilting a king size on my machine, but I know it can be done!

I am sure it was a lot of work, but you finished it! Now it is time to do those mini quilts we used to do… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Glad you kept with it! Great job, I’ve seen this quilt but was too intimidated by it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An amazing work of art! Congrats on sticking with it and finishing.

3 Likes

It came out beautifully! I love the color palette.

2 Likes

Holy macaroni, that’s a prize winner! What a quilt, wow.

3 Likes

That’s really pretty, I love the colour combinations, and the way some are faded! omg, so pretty :smiley: so glad that you managed to kick your own ass and finish it, I certainly need to do that more often XD

Really REALLY pretty, great job

4 Likes

I cannot fathom this undertaking. Glorious!

:metal:

2 Likes

Gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

No it wasn’t but I’m glad I put the time in to get the effect I wanted.

Oh I still do lots of them :smiley:

Don’t be, there’s nothing difficult about it, just time consuming cutting and sewing.

3 Likes

wowza! all the heart eyes on this one!
i love how the different tones make the different areas pop

2 Likes

Great job! This quilt is stunning. And it looks like so much work.

I’d really love to get back into quilting but I don’t find the time.

2 Likes

Wow, this is gorgeous!!

1 Like

Glad you persevered…that is one gorgeous quilt!

1 Like

Gorgeous- how on earth did you get this done on a regular machine? You are amazing

1 Like