An arm knitting throw blanket

I made this arm knitting throw. They are fairly easy if you know how to knit. The only time I put the throw on my arms to make was to cast on. I just layed the throw on the floor and pulled the stitch through to make the rest. I know they call it arm knitting but I find using your arms to construct it can make the stitches too large. Or so that was my personal experience. They look so awsome the picture doesn’t do it as big as a favor that it deserves. I had to make some for my nieces as well. When they saw it, they wanted one themselves. It only took about an hour to make unlike alot of knitting projects. I still need to learn how to join yarn. I’m still making a knot to join yarn on the backside. The yarn is kinda expensive but this one is pretty warm. I used a chenille blanket yarn.

12 Likes

I’ve seen that yarn, but never seen it made into anything. That looks so cozy! Well done!

2 Likes

You’re a kind aunt to make them for your nieces! It looks so comfy and like it’d have a good weight to it as well.

2 Likes

I learned how to make it on youtube

The chenille yarn is a good idea. I saw a negative review on YouTube about making them from that super big fat roving yarn, and apparently they basically fray/fall apart due to the properties of the roving style yarn. No twist means no strength, you can basically just pull it apart. Looks like you solved that problem with the chenille.

2 Likes

that is awesome!! the last time i tried arm knitting it didnt go so well, lolz…great tip about laying it on the floor after the cast on to do the actual knitting!!

2 Likes

This looks so cozy!!

1 Like

That blanket would be perfect in our living room!
It looks so pretty and comfy.
I can’t do arm knitting, because I have chronic pain in all of my body, but you made me realize that it can be done in an easier way.

2 Likes

Ive made one with that type of yarn. It sheds all over the place. Also that type of yarn is hard to care for. Hand wash a big throw or dry clean only. This chenille one can be washed in the machine on a gentle cycle and lays flat to dry.

This is so cool! I have wanted to try to make one. Thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like