An Upcycled Book Bag

I love books. And I love making things with upcycled fabric. Then I had a brilliant thought: why not combine the two? And thus this book bag was created!

Made entirely of upcycled fabrics and ribbon, some markers and beads for the little spider, “Harry”, this bag which I named “The Eliza” is meant for bookworms…and cottagecore lovers. The little spider web is made from cheesecloth and the handles were created from recycled fabric I braided together.

26 Likes

This is great. I loved the spider web!

1 Like

Cheesecloth spider web? My gawd, you’re brilliant.

1 Like

I love recycled-materials projects. Great bag!

1 Like

Thanks, @Edel, I like the spider web too (I certainly have enough here in my house to study).

@Magpie, you’re so kind. :grinning:

Thank you, @endymion it’s a lot of fun to see what can be recreated from them isn’t it?

1 Like

This is loaded with charm! Of course, anything with book images is charming as far as I am concerned, but even more so than that.

1 Like

This is darling!

1 Like

Thank you–I’m a big fan of book-related items too. :wink:

Thank you! :grinning:

Super cute!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Upcycled Book Bag is one of this week’s featured projects! :tada:

1 Like

As a fellow book lover, this is fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks very much, @MistressJennie! :grinning: And you too, @gozer --have to ask, what kind of books do you like to read most?

And thank you, @kittykill for letting me know that this project was a featured one. How exciting! :grinning:

1 Like

@Joywritesbooks I read YA, mainly dystopian. But near the holidays, like now, I read cozy mysteries. Nothing too serious for me. I use reading as a fun escape.
What do you read? and write (guessing from your name)?

1 Like

Ahhh, you’d enjoy my niece’s tastes–I buddy read a couple of books with her in the YA/dystopian genre a few years back. :slight_smile:

I like thriller/suspense usually, and psychological thrillers just about anytime. And yes, I write in the same genres. :grinning:

1 Like

So cute and bookish. Love the spider, better get those books read!