Animal cell model- my son made it!

My youngest had a school assignment to make a cell model from edible items. This is the result:

French bread for the base (even had a built in cell membrane), life saver for nucleus and large nerd candy for nuclei, endoplasmic reticulum was ramen, more nerds for mitochondria and Oreo “stuffing” for the vacuole. I thought it was pretty creative and figured I’d share it here.

22 Likes

He’s very creative!

3 Likes

Thanks!! I think so, too!

3 Likes

Oh this is absolutely BRILLIANT! Kudos to your wonderful youngster!

2 Likes

Nicely done!

2 Likes

cute! I was trying to figure out what everything was without reading the description and thought the oreo stuffing was fried egg white.

2 Likes

I was trying to do the same and thought for sure it was sliced mozzarella. and thought…that flavor with the lifesaver would be quite the experience!

What creativity, Bunny!

2 Likes

I thought egg because of the specks. I thought they were pepper.

3 Likes

The ramen is so clever for ER.

2 Likes

How cool is that?! Well done!

2 Likes

That is pretty awesome and agree with the awesome use of the ramen.

I must be hungry because the first thought I had looking at that was “delicious”.

2 Likes

What an awesome project :smiley: I never had any cool projects like this when I was at school. Great job by the son :smiley:

2 Likes

BRILLIANT! And tasty. Maybe.

2 Likes

So much creativity in the edible animal cell! Well done!!

2 Likes

That is some wicked creativity there! Tell me, did the parts get eaten afterwards? I would have nibbled :smiley:

2 Likes

They did not get nibbled - the bread was super dry and there was also some hot glue involved…:confounded:

1 Like

Just got an account on here stumbled across this happy to see people like my project :innocent:

4 Likes

Yes I am bunny1kenobis son

4 Likes

Welcome @toadiscrafty ! I thought your project was totally ingenious! I’m pretty excited to see you here. I have two 12 year olds, nope not twins. Look for posts from @Pigeon after her bday this summer. And if you ever want to swap, your mom can message another parent here and we’ll arrange something :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes