Animal themed mixed media pieces

I made these three pieces as holiday gifts back in December 2017/January 2018. I think I posted them in that term of the Harry Potter craftalong but not anywhere else. I’m still proud of them, so now they get their own post. :slight_smile:

The axolotl is an online coloring page image. Other materials: wooden spiral decorated with marker, scrapbook paper, and some thick cardboard for the base canvas.

The background is a colored-in abstract coloring book page. Crow was traced and cut from a template. Alas, my drawing skills were and are not that great :smiley: I used adhesive foam squares painstakingly cut into smaller pieces to attach the crow and the word bubble to the main piece. The base canvas is thick cardstock glued to a larger piece of black felt to create a border/frame motif.

Acrylic paint on canvas. Octopus was traced from a template. The picture doesn’t show it, but I used glow in the dark paint to outline the octopus and accentuate the suckers and eyes.

What animals should I create art of next? I think a manatee would be a fun challenge.

13 Likes

These are fun! The crow is my favorite. I like the dimension provided by the foam squares, I actually thought it was stuffed when I first saw it.
Ooh, I’d like to see what you come up with for a manatee! I think a penguin or narwhal would both be fun too.

1 Like

I like the first guy! Agree a manatee or narwhal might be fun. Or what about a hedgehog?

You should be proud of them, so great!

Ooh, nice! I like the way the first two contrast w/ their backgrounds, & I’m always there for glow-in-the-dark accents! :grinning:

These are so fun! I’m so glad you shared outside the HPC!

I love these so much.

Thank you all so much for the compliments and suggestions!

These are great! I like the octopus the best. Very creative!