Annika’s baby quilt

Our 4th grand child was born March 21st, our son and DIL didn’t find out the gender before birth so I tried to make a quilt that would suit a boy or girl, rather than making two.

I used a wonky nine patch because I made this same pattern for her daddy when he turned 20 (with orange materials I swapped for) and also for her older sister when she was born 5 1/2 years ago.

Close up of one block
IMG_5514

Here she is with her big sister, our oldest grand child

29 Likes

What a beautiful gift!

1 Like

How wonderful! The quilt and the grandchildren!

1 Like

Very sweet!

1 Like

It’s so bright and fun! What a beautiful gift!

1 Like

The quilt is lovely and your grandbabies are adorable. Congratulations xx

1 Like

so bright and cheerful!

2 Likes

COngratulations! I love that you used the same kind of squares for the three quilts you mentioned. It’s going to make for years of comfort for your newest little one!

2 Likes

I love that the quilt is so bright and fun. It also has a bunch of fun things for her to identify when she gets older.
Congrats on a beautiful grandchild and quilt!

2 Likes

Oh my, what a tiny human being! So cute!
Great choices on the quilt fabrics. She’s going to have a lot of fun spotting different things on it when she’s older.

1 Like

Grandbaby quilts are the best gift. It will be loved.

1 Like

Beautiful!

Yay for grand babies!! She’s so sweet. And it’s cool that’s you have that quilt-continuity going on! Love the bright colors!

1 Like

This is beautiful!

:sun_with_face: :rainbow: Woo hoo! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :rainbow: :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Beautiful work! Congrats on the newest family addition! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

What a beautiful gift! Congrats on being a Featured Project! :heart:

2 Likes

Wow, that quilt is SO MUCH FUN! The various fabrics and bright colors paired with the lime green border really make this pop. The pattern is called “wonky”? or is it how you put it together? Assume I know nothing about quilting.

3 Likes

The pattern is called Wonky Nine Patch.
These are photos I grabbed online as examples.

A traditional Nine Patch block has 9 equal sections, generally the sections are cut and then nine are sewn together to make a block …

A Wonky Nine Patch has 9 uneven (or wonky) sections because of the way it’s constructed. You start with nine large pieces of fabric and after cutting and sewing several times, you end up with nine blocks. To explain the entire process would take a lot of space, if you search Wonky Nine Patch pattern, you’ll find many tutorials.

2 Likes