Another footwear rehab

I got these shoes a while ago, cheap, with the intention of painting them or something. My first notion was to cover them with fabric. That did not work out. I may take another stab at this another time, but not today.

In the meantime, I used fabric paint and Posca pens to create these lizards!

I drew the lizard out first and then transferred it to the shoes.

Thanks for looking!

26 Likes

Ooh! These turned out fabulously! I love the tail on the insides!

Have you painted shoes before? I’m curious to hear how they hold up.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

I haven’t painted shoes before. All the paints are supposed to be waterproof when dry so we’ll see how it all holds up.

1 Like

Very cool!

2 Likes

Thanks!

These are so cool!! I love how they turned out!

2 Likes

Wow! These are amazing! Love the lizards, and they match so well. Don’t think I’d have been able to get them to look so much alike. Cool design, too.

2 Likes

Thank you!

These are fabulous! What a clever recon

2 Likes

Very cool! Looks like they were meant for that design!

2 Likes

Leapin lizards! (sorry, it had to be done) these turned out so cool! You did such a great job with the placement and all those fine lines!

3 Likes

Thanks, guys!

Ooh I love the lizard placement too, and how it spills over into the black edge of the shoe or disappears off the shoe, great job!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Cool! Reminds me of those wrap around lizard haircuts.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Lizard haircuts…… :rofl:

I want proof you painted these :flushed:

Seriously, the lizard placement is incredible!

Secretly I’m going to doubt you without proof :wink:

2 Likes

Will you need to apply a finisher?

2 Likes

No idea. But since all of the paint is supposed to be waterproof, I wasn’t planning on it.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: If you insist….

The “before” shot. :arrow_heading_up:

My original drawing. I traced it onto the reverse so that I had a copy on both sides of the paper. Then I used a pencil to create “carbon paper”. I had already painted the shoes white with fabric paint. Then I taped it onto my shoes the way I wanted it, drew over the lines with a pen, then used a micron marker to make the lines stand out a little bit more on the shoes. Then I used the Poska pens over the micron pen, and to finish it off.

I erased my pencil “carbon” on the paper and then repeated the process on the other side of the drawing so that the image would be reversed on the other shoe.

4 Likes