Another Mosaic Block, this time I timed how long to make

Ohhh pretty

@sloth003 since you’re a quilting daemon. You must end up with a bunch of scraps. I’ve organised (most) of mine and have a lot of 2.5" strips, in search of a project. And random bits for improv blocks. What do you do with your scraps? Any tips, ideas to share?

so interesting…

I, too, seem to be in a slump…I think it is the warmer than usual weather we are having…maybe humans need cold to hibernate in winter to get some energy for the spring…I just don’t know what to make, er, finish…going to look through some quilting patterns to get a jump start…

I am really the worst person to be asking about this.

the current state of my scraps.

But I am thinking about leaving one of my jobs in spring. And may give myself and extra week or two off to wrangle this into submission. I’m thinking 2.5" squares and strips… 1.5" strips and 4" squares…

3 Likes

@sloth003 Oh dear. That is a lot of scraps. I have found that even a small box of them can take hours to process, between pressing and cutting. I am finally learning to throw away smaller pieces that I know I will never use.

Noooo!:flushed::pleading_face:

@sloth003 wow, so much treasure :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

@Magpie do you want tiny scraps???

I love how vibrant those squares are! I am also super impressed/jealous of your set up. It’s so efficient. You’ll have a quilt top done before you know it.

@gozer it’s actually a relatively small room. But everything is to hand so I usually don’t waste time looking for stuff. @MistressJennie 's workroom inspired me with her organisation, when I was there. So I put a lot of time into sorting stuff, labelled boxes and I’m really good at putting things back where they belong.

I’m mostly the only one who uses the room, that helps. And it’s so nice to be able to talk away from a project and not have to tidy it away

2 Likes

Now that I am also working in a smaller space, I find I can get a lot more done…everything is labeled so it is easier to put away, but also, not having to clean up until I am done is a bonus. I can shut the door as well, where is my larger space, I always had stuff blocking the door! I also have multiples of tools I use a lot so I can reach from where ever I am working…scissors, needles, seam ripper, sharpies and pins are what I reach for the most…

I also save the tiniest of scraps…but heavens knows I don’t need more…trying to make more fabric out takes a bit of time!

@JoyfulClover, I challenge you to a dual!

Beautiful, Edel!

Wooooooaaaahhhh. A plaid kaleidoscope sun!! (I’m sure that’s not what the pattern is called, but that’s what my eyes see!)

I thought the same, @Magpie!!

ahem…
DID I HEAR SOMEBODY CALL FOR A DUEL??

Because if we need to scrappy duel, well…I mean…what kind of maker would I be if I turned away when the fabric is thrown down!!

What are the terms you seek?

(I don’t want to continue to hijack this thread. Wanna PM?)

The pressing is what I’m dreading most. Most things of size will be run thru the accuquilt for strips and squares. But some of the really really wee scraps I just don’t have the heart to get rid of. But they will be better served separated from the herd. The goal is to downsize to actual boxes instead of tubs.

1 Like

Only 30 minutes for you to create each mini masterpiece?! That’s amazing. Can’t wait to see the finished project with all of these loverlies!

I would totally burn my elbow on that iron. More than once.

@pottermouth it’s just far enough away for me not to reach it with my elbow. Because trust me, if it wasn’t, I would.

2 Likes