Another Mosaic Block, this time I timed how long to make

Ok, so I love this for lots of reasons. I hate having a mountain of scraps, so while each block doesn’t use a huge amount of scrap, at least I’m using some of them.

It does generate a bit of crumb, but I’m happy to toss that. Plus using scraps is a nice trip down memory lane.

And it’s fast! I had the inch sashing cut from the first block, including a bit of futzing with the layout, the sewing of this (you have to select and arrange your scraps first, but not cut them) took only 30 minutes

This is my working area and it really helps, because you cut the scraps as you go, and having the iron beside makes it all efficient. And we love being efficient. :grinning:

I couldn’t resist, I did a purply one

They work very well together.

26 Likes

I really like the color contrast of this one.

2 Likes

I’m thinking that I’ll keep the colours to a family for each block.

Often I want to make something, but get uninspired, so this I think will be a good thing as a warmer, to get me in the craft mode. Eventually there will be enough for a quilt.

3 Likes

This. Is. AMAZING!

4 Likes

eeeee! you’ve already made 3!!

3 Likes

The banding reminds me of stained glass! :green_heart:

3 Likes

These are great! Are you going to do a rainbow of these awesome blocks?

1 Like

@MistressJennie I’m not sure. I’m going to keep making them in colour families, but mostly I think I’ll use them for something to do for when I want to make something, but don’t know what. They might eventually become a quilt.

2 Likes

I LOVEEEE scrappy. These are gorgeous! <3

2 Likes

I hate having scraps around, too…I often make stuff with them with no idea how they will end up…some I turn into notecards, some into totes, and some sit in a box until something inspires me…I do the same thing with yarn…

All of those tiny scraps have loud voices!!

You have the prettiest scraps, btw…and you have put them together in such a pleasing way!!

2 Likes

This is going to be the most beautiful quilt! Those three blocks together are already awesome, but imagine all the colour just shining through the black :heart_eyes::star_struck:

2 Likes

@anna.wahnsinn yeeeeessssss. But then I thought about how long it’ll take to make…

Check this space in a year or two :crazy_face:

3 Likes

That sounds amazing!

2 Likes

These are so pretty! Love the color block theme!

1 Like

These are gorgeous, and the thirty minute time frame is such a plus!

Beautiful, can’t say it enough. That black really makes the colors pop. but but but where is the all blue block?

1 Like

@Averia don’t worry, the blue block will be along soon. :wink:

1 Like

Just checking in to see how that blue block for @averia is coming along :smile:
Do you need any orange? I hear you haven’t a lot of that one. I’m sure I could supplement your supply, lol!
I eagerly await the finish on this glorious rainbow creation. I am so excited to see how it turns out!

Actually blue is possibly the next one that I’m going to make. But it might not be for a while. I’ve a bunch of other random little scraps to use up and I think today might be a very random scrappy block day.

Having said that, I’m not sure it’s actually possible to use all your scraps. I’m convinced they multiply when my back is turned

1 Like

OMG!!
I thought I was the only one who had those days… Or those projects…

This is my current, "I want to make something but don’t know what, or don’t want to start a whole big thing project. "

4 Likes